Original topic:

Do not EVER put an advert in my notifications again, and change your attitude towards your customers.

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
userhGwpad5Xyk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I am absolutely disgusted with what happened just now. I received an ADVERT in my notifications from galaxy store and I could not disable notifications or find any option for ADVERTS in the galaxy store app. This is absolutely disgraceful and I AM LIVID.

I eventually found your method of disabling these things and it is very clear that SAMSUNG IS EMPLOYING DARK PATTERNS. This is abusive and I will not stand for it. you need to change this right now. I have been a loyal customer of samsung since 2013, and every one of my Phones has been a galaxy since then, but I GUARANTEE YOU if you do not fix this abusive behaviour right now, my next phone WILL NOT  be a samsung phone.

This is absolutely DISGUSTING behaviour from what I have thus far believed to be a reputable company.

FIX IT.

0 Likes
11 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I get it also not been able to stop it
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

OMG, you got a advertisement notification, what a shonda. Just dismiss it, it's not the end of the world. There are things in this world to be disgusted about, an advertisement is not one of them.

Why are you ranting to Samsung in a user help forum? Complain directly to Samsung via their official contact channels. Also, learn how to use your phone settings properly.

Go to notifications/advanced features/manage notification categories for each app and turn it on.  Then go back to the store app settings and click on the notification categories and turn off the notification for everything you don't want.  There is only one you cannot turn off and that's the notification for important updates. If you don't enable the notification categories, you will receive notifications from every category from every app.

userhGwpad5Xyk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

@realaud wrote:

Also, learn how to use your phone settings properly.

Go to notifications/advanced features/manage notification categories for each app and turn it on.  Then go back to the store app settings and click on the notification categories and turn off the notification for everything you don't want. 

that is a dark pattern. I already covered it in my OP.

I'm writing it here because direct support with samsung is frustrating as heck, but I'll do both here and there anyway. Whichever way to get the message across and also have some other voices join in to show them that people are not happy.

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
An advertisement is not a dark pattern. Dark patterns are things like obscuring the unsubscribe button, an advertisement is about as direct, non-dark patterny way of marketing to consumers as it gets. You can disable the particular notification source but the reality is every phone brand does this. Google will market new pixels in your notifs and emails, Apple will inform you of trade in deals when the new iPhone and ipods drop regardless of if you signed up, etc. You already have the notification tools needed to disable this, learn to use them.
0 Likes
userhGwpad5Xyk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

@TipsyTrex wrote:
An advertisement is not a dark pattern. Dark patterns are things like obscuring the unsubscribe button, an advertisement is about as direct, non-dark patterny way of marketing to consumers as it gets.

Or you mean like hiding the option to disable the notification, as in the part that I quoted.

Please stop filibustering and stop trying to defend them. Your responses are the opposite of helpful, you are just stirring the pot.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
They did not hide the option. Anyone who knows how to properly work their phone settings can disable it. And you truly do not know the meaning of dark patterns. Please stay in the UK forums.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

You used the term "advert". Are you British? Are you in the U.S.? Is your phone a U.S. version? If the answers to the last two are "yes", you should go to the members forum for your region and rant there.