JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[Google Contacts app] Cannot search texts in the middle and separated by dots in the contact's name

(Topic created: 04-01-2023 07:31 AM)
vvdon03hcmut
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Dear Experts and All,

I am getting a trouble with Google Contacts app on my S23 Ultra that it cannot give searching result when I search by texts/name that these texts/name are in the middle and separated by dots.

for examples: I save a contact's name as follow: Company.Name.function, then I need to search "Name" and fill "Name" into search field, the app cannot give the result of Company.Name.function, but when I fill "Company" into search field, the contact name "Company.Name.function" appears.

I recorded a strange behavior as follow, I uninstalled and re-installed it, opened it for the first time, the issue gone, but when I closed it, open app again, search the name, issue happened again.

I also clear cache but issue still happens,

Now I cannot search anything excepting first name.

If you have solutions, please help

Thanks so much.

Kind regards,

Don

SmartSelect_20230401_212628_Contacts.jpgSmartSelect_20230401_212646_Contacts.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you vvdon03hcmut, for reaching out. Welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your concern with Google contacts apps not searching texts in the middle and separated by dots. I recommend reaching out to the Google Contacts app developers for further assistance regarding your concerns as LongHiker mentioned.

View solution in context

2 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@vvdon03hcmut Have you posted to the Google developers about this behaviour? 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you vvdon03hcmut, for reaching out. Welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your concern with Google contacts apps not searching texts in the middle and separated by dots. I recommend reaching out to the Google Contacts app developers for further assistance regarding your concerns as LongHiker mentioned.