Original topic:

Is there a fix to the S23 / Wi-fi 6 constant internet dropping issue?

(Topic created: 02-09-2024 05:17 PM)
userw5BhbDDAWV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Ive seen posts as far back as last year, my S23+ started this issue about a 2 -3 weeks ago.  The internet connection randomy drops then reconnects. Pages load slow or time out....apps open slow etc etc.  I have a Deco Mesh system with Wi-Fi 6.  Its worked fine with the phone since last summer until now.   Is or was there an official fix for this ?

Thanks so much!

42 Replies
userRMXwQJhgny
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same.
Loyd Koon
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Make sure your router/wifi extender is wifi 6 certified and that it's in good working order. To me it's a compatibility issue that the device is working hard to overcome but your home wifi isn't capable of doing.
userw5BhbDDAWV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for the feedback.  My internet is Xfinity gig speed with the new gateway.  Mesh network is Deco 4800 that is less than a year old.  All devices in the home connect and stream and flawlessly, except for the S23.  All firmware and operating systems are updated.  Still need to toggle wifi on and off to regain a solid connection......hoping there is a fix.

Tom

peejlawrej
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
This is not a fix because it happens with network connection too! Its not the wifi its the **bleep**g device updates!
NurseTra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same
jjwATmyself
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Are your SSID for 2.4, 5, 6GHz different or the same? If they are different, consider making them the same as the phone will move (roam) more seamlessly. That includes roaming between bands on the same AP when needed. e.g. The phone is on the 6GHz band on AP1 and you walk around a corner. The 5GHz strength is better around the corner to AP1, so it roams to that band. Then you go through a door and the AP2 has a stronger signal to the 6GHz band so it roams. Then you walk out the door and down the driveway. Here 2.4GHz becomes stronger to AP1 and it roams again.

The issue with making the SSID different for different bands is sometimes you won't have any signal and will force a drop. This will be most problematic with 6GHz. The smaller waves can't get through walls basically. Less of an issue for 5GHz. 2.4GHz has the furthest reach of all, but it's so good that it can be a problem for how far you have to go in order to drop off wifi.
peejlawrej
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Its happening with network data not just wifi
Temillionaire
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have been using the S23 Ultra for 2 months now and everything was fine until last week it prompted me to update to the new OS One UI 6- which I did. Ever since i updated the OS, I observed the Wifi service has become poor and often disconnects on its own. I have restarted device severally and even reset network settings but there is still no improvement. I have other devices in my house that use the Wifi and they work just fine that is how i know the Wifi router is not the problem. Also it's not coincidental that I update my OS and then wifi starts misbehaving. Is there any one that has experienced this? how did you get it solved? 

ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Its called bugs and issues, even tho its stable, its full of bugs, nothing you can do but wait for them to fix it