Original topic:

Is there a fix to the S23 / Wi-fi 6 constant internet dropping issue?

(Topic created: 02-09-2024 05:17 PM)
userw5BhbDDAWV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Ive seen posts as far back as last year, my S23+ started this issue about a 2 -3 weeks ago.  The internet connection randomy drops then reconnects. Pages load slow or time out....apps open slow etc etc.  I have a Deco Mesh system with Wi-Fi 6.  Its worked fine with the phone since last summer until now.   Is or was there an official fix for this ?

Thanks so much!

Kp4646
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Ever since my phone was updated to the 6.1 software about three weeks ago, my network connection has been horrible on both wifi and cellular data. I have had my phone for over a year with absolutely no issues until this update. Even text messages won't go through over network and when I try resending the message over SMS, that fails too. I've tried everything except a factory reset because it is such a chore. Obviously I will do it if anyone know whether it helps. Otherwise just need to wait for an update or switch to an iPhone. 

0 Likes
Alinho
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Since the last update, I've been experiencing the same issue: some apps don't load over Wi-Fi. I have to disconnect from Wi-Fi and let the apps load over 5G, then turn Wi-Fi back on. However, when I run a speed test, the Wi-Fi is at full speed, but it still doesn't load some apps. This has been going on for 2-3 weeks. Before that, everything was normal, and I haven't changed anything on my router or network. I'm sure it's the phone because everything else works fine.
0 Likes
sundaylatte
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I changed the wifi mac address on my S23 from Randomized Mac to Phone Mac, so far so good. 

Like most of you, I noticed this issue on my S23 after since late last year, I'm using Asus WiFi 6 too.

Settings > Wifi > Select the wifi network which you experienced the dropped issue > Mac address type > switch to Phone Mac

ReptileHand
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'll try this!!! Thank you!! I just got the Playstation Pulse Elite Headset as a gift last month and a few weeks afterwards the wifi starting cutting out. I assumed it was a Bluetooth issue, then why would they sell Bluetooth headphones if they cayse problems with phone!? It even started happening outside of Twitch (it was stutter and buffer relentlessly). Amazon would load slow, Twitter (X) would have a stroke whenever I clicked a notification and websites take too long. I can't believe such a thing could happen. I was very excited for a brand new update too.... thank you for finding a potential fix.
0 Likes
userOpthffRlLG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

This worked perfectly for me, thank you!

0 Likes
peejlawrej
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Has anyone else noticed their phone being confused about location in the middle of the night? I had to turn off automatic time because my phone goes thinks its in brazil like every night. I am definitely not in brazil. Could this be related to these issues too or is this yet another issue with this godforsaken phone?
0 Likes
userqM9i86Mnjr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I need help with this too. It randomly kicks me off internet and data. Apps load super slow or not at all. I'm ready to trade it in and be done with it
0 Likes
Members_LSmqnVT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue.. called spectrum and they said many are complaining of the same issue with the wifi6 and galaxy s23.. please fix samsung! I constantly have to use my data and can't use my wifi at home.  

0 Likes
Members_LSmqnVT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same issue. I paid so much money for this S23 and I regret it. Wifi 6 is not compatible.  I always have to use my data. Samsung please fix or   I'll have to switch to a diff brand of phone.  

0 Likes
Members_LSmqnVT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have Spectrum and I constantly have to use my data. Wifi6 has issues. I am thinking of switching to Apple after being with Samsung all of my life. Please fix this Samsung.

0 Likes