Original topic:

My photos and videos suck

(Topic created: 09-02-2024 01:20 PM)
Kittypoop7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, I’ve had my S23 ultra for about a year and a half and have never been able to take photos and videos that are remotely close to the ones the phone claims to take. If I use zoom they are blurry and have no definition and if I change the resolution to the highest setting they look smeared. I’ve watched many videos and read many articles and they haven’t helped much. 

The other day I was watching one of these videos and I realized that the icons across the top of the photo mode are different than the ones in the video. Mine seems to have limited setting options compared to what the video had. I’m guessing I did something to change them and I can’t for the life of me figure out how I did it or how to change them back. I chose this phone primarily for the camera and it’s frustrating that I can’t get decent pictures from it. My iPhone 11 takes better photos and that’s sad. I’ve attached a photo of the icons that are there in my photo mode versus what was in the video. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

PS I saw a similar post on here from someone else and the consensus was that they had a fake. I got mine through the Samsung website so it should be legit.  Thanks for your help!

EDBBDA38-6E60-48FB-8D95-3726CEF0493A.jpeg

6 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Just my opinion but yours is legit but the one in video isn't same model as yours
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Kittypoop7 The one at the top are the icons in the latest camera version. The icons in the bottom were the previous icons. If you click the word "Full" you should see the option to set it to 3:4. 

Kittypoop7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Aah, that does explain it! I thought I was going crazy lol. Thank you for your reply. 

Options
Galaxy S23
@Kittypoop7 also, looking at your version, the top right icon is showing that filters are active.

Some filters do apply smoothing, so might be another reason for things looking 'smeared'
0 Likes
Carmie4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Some people add what's called camera assistant which you can find in the galaxy store it gives extra options with the camera
0 Likes
Kittypoop7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for replying. I have that already and unfortunately it doesn’t help.