JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New update removed the option to control the brightness on Always On Display

(Topic created: 05-16-2024 07:06 AM)
zhyxgg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a photo on my always on display lockscreen. But ever since the new update, I am no longer able to control the brightness.. Is there a new feature that only allows it to be automatic bright level? I miss having the option of changing the brightness of my clock when my screen is off. Will this be forever?! šŸ˜”

zhyxgg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Facts. I don't know why they removed it šŸ˜­
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Those are Samsung Apps and they are moving stuff there to keep things updated more frequently 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
?
0 Likes
Le0720
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I had specific icon colors for my contacts in the textra app. Every since the update,now the icons all appear the color of the AOD icons. I use to just look at the color of the icons when I got a message and know who was texting me.I hate it now,I have to figure out how to fix this!šŸ«Ø
0 Likes
NedPool
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I've played with LockStar and the clock face app in GoodLock, but I cannot change the color of the AOD clock! It's a gross orange and I absolutely hate the changes. Make AOD useful again!

0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
The lock screen clock and AOD clocks are now linked to change the color
Open Phone settings
Wallpaper and style
Select the lock screen
Tap the clock1712670519040.jpg1712670519071.jpg1712670519104.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
NedPool
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

This is completely asinine... We shouldn't have to go to 5 different settings pages to change AOD. Never buying Samsung again.

JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Agreed, but I'm not sure I can dump Samsung android just yet. Too many neat controls that were simple at one time are just too difficult or non-existent now.
0 Likes
Al44
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Go to Settings > Lock screen and AOD > Edit Lock Screen. Click on the clock and at the bottom select the color you want, this will also change the color of the AOD clock. 

JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT LINK- IT BROUGHT ME TO PLAY TO GET AN APP NOT FOR A "SLIDER " TO CONTROL BRIGHTNESS OF NIGHT CLOCK! WHY IS THAT SLIDER CONTROL GONE?? I CAN'T SEE MY NIGHT CLOCK ANYMORE AND IT WAS SOOOOO EASY TO CONTROL AT ONE TIME!! MAKES NO SENSE THAT ABILITY WOULD DISAPPEAR! BRING IT BACK, PLEASE