Original topic:

Not being able to disable notifications in the Galaxy store

(Topic created: Monday)
userkT5yzHrH8V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Well, been a loyal Samsung user for several years. Will be ending that after the s23 ultra. Samsung has seemingly increased its virulence in the marketing space, preventing us from being able to disable notifications for the galaxy store (I know I can disable "some" I want them ALL TO STOP). The fact that I had to root my phone to be able to remove them, is just stupid. The fact that they're so insistent that these notifications will be useful, is complete malarkey. They just want to get you to give them more money and take up our time with their endless pop ups. Getting a Google. Screw Samsung. 

9 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

From @LongHiker 

Step 1:

1. Go into phone settings and click on Notifications
  2. Click on Advanced settings
  3. Scroll down and enable the option "Manage notification categories for each app"

Step 2:

1. Long press on the Store icon
  2. When the little dialog pops up, click the circled i in the upper right. 
  3. Click on Notifications
  4. Click on Notification categories
  5. Turn off all the items that you don't want to see. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I would also add to this, go to settings, apps, type in the search box, push, Samsung Push Servie will pop-up, open, notifications, toggle off notifications.

This will stop all marketing from popping up on your device!
userkT5yzHrH8V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Does not fix the issue. Still getting stupid ads from the store and it won't let me FULLY disable notifications for the store. Still getting dozens of ads daily and sick of it. 

0 Likes
LongHairDontCare
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I forsee stop the app , forse stop google , I use duck duck go , I force stop samsung free , samsung TV, I force stop all of them
0 Likes
LongHairDontCare
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the only apps on my phone after force stopping all unwanted Samsung and Google apps1719262689879_1719262689871_0.jpg
0 Likes
imjusthere
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm still going to use android products but i am also very annoyed by the constant Galaxy Store notifications. Seeing the ads, and then seeing that i can't turn those notifications off, makes me hate every app/company/etc that shows up in those notifications. I really hope enough people have brought it up that they'll change something.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

You can turn them off, you have to follow @GaryB82's instructions. Once the notification categories is enabled, there will be only one you can't turn off; and I can promise you that one has never given me a single notification.

userkT5yzHrH8V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I've followed Gary's instructions, as those are the same ones I got from Samsung originally. Didn't fix the problem I'm still getting 30+ ads a day from the store. 

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
You have to go into the store app, go to settings and turn those off as well. After that, if you are still getting them, they are not coming from Samsung.
0 Likes