JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Object eraser malfunction after 6.1 update

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 11:05 AM)
borderlinefreak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Since the update the eraser option won't eraser selected areas. Like I'll circle a big area and then it'll shrink the circle down or the lines just disappear altogether. Help!
10 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Try zooming in a bit and recircle the area. I find this helps the feature identify what you want to select. If there are a lot of objects inside the circle, you may have to circle or select them individually.
borderlinefreak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately that doesn't work 😕
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Sorry to hear. 😞 This will vary from picture to picture. Personally, I enjoyed being able to freely select the area to be erased as well. Hopefully, with enough user feedback, Samsung can alter this behavior again via a firmware update. One thing you could do to speed this along would be to submit an Error report via the Members app's Support tab under "Send feedback" . Be sure to be as detailed as possible and mention that you enjoyed the way the feature worked prior to the update.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there! I wanted to provide you a status report on this. Samsung has listened and has sent out an update for the object eraser! You can now disable the "Magnetic lasso" function and free select anything like before! Make sure you have the newest edition of Photo editor, Version 3.4.21.43, installed.Screenshot_20240404_121938_Photo Editor_1000004022_1712251179.png
borderlinefreak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Idk what I'm doing. I'm looking for the app in the galaxy store I can't find it anywhere not even "my apps" when I go to setting/apps/photo editor I click on the option to go to the store and I get a message saying my phone isn't compatible. I want to update it but there's no photo editor in my menu to click on.
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
borderlinefreak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It says it may be malicious so I think I'll have to figure out something else
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
It is not malicious. I installed it myself and it is safe. APKs are just app installation files. You should receive the update eventually in the Galaxy Store if you'd prefer waiting.

Here is an article explaining more about what APKs are:

https://www.androidauthority.com/what-is-an-apk-file-3413743/
0 Likes
borderlinefreak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Well I took a leap of faith and did it and I apologize for doubting you 🤦‍:female_sign: thank you for helping me!
0 Likes