JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One way Samsung Calendar Sync Issue

(Topic created: a month ago)
littleneil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

MS Outlook (including a calendar) is on my Win 11 PC.  Samsung Calendar 12.5.02.1 is on my S23 mobile. An Outlook calendar entry entered on my PC sync's perfectly with my Samsung mobile calendar. But conversely, an entry made on my Samsung calendar App DOES NOT sync with my Outlook calendar.?

littleneil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

next screen says"this email address is already connected with outlook. Do you want to connect it again with another service"?

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
above, you said that you can make a calendar entry on your PC and it syncs to your Samsung Calendar app. go into the app, go into settings, and toggle off all calendars except for your Outlook.

my suspicion is that when you've been making entries on your phone, you haven't noticed which account you're making them to.
0 Likes
littleneil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

So...I must confess that my discussion has been about my wife's S23. However my S8 has a similar setup - but it doesn't matter to me. Wife's S28 has two Gmail addresses (accounts) shown in her Samsung calendar ...so that's where her calendar entries are saving. I have one Gmail address in my Samsung calendar.  but I only view my Gmail calendar on my phone. 

All I need to do is figure out how to add my wife's MS account in the Samsung calendar "manage calendars".?

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

refer to my post directly above. whether it's your wife's or yours is immaterial. you stated that when trying to add the address, you got the notification that it was already present. that tells me it's already in the Samsung Calendar app. that calendar toggle will appear at the very bottom of the list of calendars. also, it might be manifesting as an Exchange account (Microsoft Exchange Active Sync).

Samsung Calendar > hamburger menu (top left) > scroll all the way down to the bottom > tap on Outlook and make sure that Calendar is on.

another place to look: settings (phone) > accounts and backup > manage accounts > look to confirm that her account is already on the phone.

0 Likes
littleneil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

samsung_1.jpgSamsung_2.jpgThese pix are of her Samsung Calendar 's (manage calendars) screen.

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
and now you have your answer. EAS is Exchange Active Sync. in other words, Microsoft.
0 Likes
littleneil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

and here is a pix of her manage accounts screen.manaageaccounts.jpg

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
obviously, the account she wants to populate in Samsung Calendar is there. she's going to have to be careful, when making a calendar entry from her phone, to select the correct calendar. her device is set up properly.
0 Likes
littleneil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

"when making a calendar entry from her phone, select the correct calendar".  After opening the Samsung Calendar App . then what? Tap on the menu and select_______?Also I didn't understand your earlier comment about EAS. I'm not sure why it cleared up my problem - with you anyway?

0 Likes
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
when your wife goes to make a calendar entry, tap on the highlighted section (see pic). it will open a pop-up which will allow her to select the appropriate calendar.1712329436326.jpg
0 Likes