Original topic:

Ram upgrade

(Topic created: 02-26-2023 04:54 AM)
carbpower
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

So I purchased my S23 Ultra through Samsung. I took advantage of the bundle offer, got the 512gb, the watch 5, and the buds. From what I have read the phone should have 12gb of ram. Why does mine only have 8?? If it's supposed to come with 12gb do you think Samsung will resolve it? And just to clarify as well, there was no option for a 12gb ram model or obviously I would have chosen it. TIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
RAM plus is additional to system memory. Mine had it enabled/on with 8GB selected. 512 S23 doesn't have 8GB system memory so it goes back to where you're looking at to see only 8GB like @Tidbitty said.

I disabled RAM plus on mine. It caused a lot of issues on my Note that using it isn't worth the headache given 12GB already on the phone.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
What are you looking at to see if you have 8GB or 12GB? From my understanding the only model that had 8GB was the base with a 12GB option. Any other option are all 12GB.
0 Likes
carbpower
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
https://youtu.be/q1VCyVyRKEs
According to this video (go to like 17 min into it) if you go into settings and type in ram plus you can add different things to ram storage, so he talks about it showing the different options for ram, and said if you got the 512gb model the option for 12gb ram will show up if not it will only show 8gb. His showed 12.
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
RAM plus is additional to system memory. Mine had it enabled/on with 8GB selected. 512 S23 doesn't have 8GB system memory so it goes back to where you're looking at to see only 8GB like @Tidbitty said.

I disabled RAM plus on mine. It caused a lot of issues on my Note that using it isn't worth the headache given 12GB already on the phone.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
This should be 12GB and Ram Plus is just using internal storage as more ram up to 8GB. 1677420674347.jpg
carbpower
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Ahh got it. That makes sense, I'm an  lol completely overthinking all of it.🤦🏽‍:female_sign:. Thanks both of you for your help.

Jnyer27
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Use device care Screenshot_20230228_070403_Device care.jpg
0 Likes