JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-05-2023 07:57 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
It's gotten to the point now where the difference in releases is only camera technology. I think it's time that Samsung start calling the Galaxy a Camera Phone instead of a new phone with a camera. The S24 should just be marketed as a mobile camera that has built in cellphone technology and runs on the Android OS.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I doubt this. They already set them and people have ordered so I doubt it will change at all what is set is set
Sammix
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

I pre-ordered S23 Ultra through T-Mo. I never  do this. I am nobody's idea of an early adopter. So, why this time?

The way I look at it:

First, I've been a T-Mo customer for over 5 years and I like them. I mean, as much as it's possible to like a mobile provider, which isn't very much to begin with.  I also like my Magenta Max plan - again, as much as you can like a calling plan in the first place.

The so-called Un-carrier gave me a $1,000 trade-in on my S21+ 5G. That's more than I paid for the S21+ in the first place! And Samsung, bless them, gave me 512GB of storage for the price of 256. So take a $1,379 phone and subtract $180 courtesy of Samsung, then subtract $1,000 courtesy of T-Mobile, and I'm paying just $200 for the S23 Ultra. That's $8.33 a month for 24 months.

How are Samsung and/or T-Mobile making money on this? Not my problem. Even if the S23 Ultra turns out to be meh ... it's only costing me $200, spread over 24 months. And do you think I'll make that back (and more) when I trade it in?

To me, this was a no-brainer. I went to a T-Mobile store the day after Unpacked and expected to find a mob scene. Instead, it was deserted. Either a lot of people are missing something, or I'm missing something.

Members_1ARnQNl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I've had the same issue despite using Edge, Chrome, Safari, and FireFox.  I just logged into my actual T-mobile account and see numerous "running" orders that are active from samsung's website apparently.  I am chatting with t-mobile now

0 Likes
MatthewK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Exact same issue here, something like 13 "running" orders. T-Mobile told me to talk to Samsung, Samsung is telling me to talk to T-Mobile. T-Mobile said something about the financing department flagging it as suspicious activity. šŸ¤·ā€ I'm just trying to get it to work how it's supposed to. I didn't even realize it was keeping tracking of how many times I started the process but didn't finish. I've been at this for several days. I'm just about ready to give up. Please let us know if you get anywhere and what you did to get there, thanks.

0 Likes
TJ2tymes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Has the ordering process with t mobile been fixed?
0 Likes
userBlb1B8FU1Y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

No luck.  Seems like we have to go through T mobile and forgo the $120 credit.

0 Likes
MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
I have been using the Samsung Trade-In Program for a few years. With about 6 device trade-ins and my 7th coming soon with my purchase of the new Galaxy S23 Ultra I wanted to share my experience using the Samsung Trade-In Program and offer some tips to help anyone if this is their first time. My first experience with using the Samsung Trade-In Program came back in 2019 with my purchase of the Galaxy Note10+. At that time I had never purchased a device straight from the manufacturer as all my previous mobile devices were from the mobile carrier or I purchased from a third party. Once the Galaxy Note10 Series was available for pre-order on the Shop Samsung App this was my first time knowing about their Trade-In Program which I was extremely excited to see Samsung was willing to give me $600 trade-in value for my Note9 512GB towards a new Note10+. Without this offer from Samsung I would of not been able to afford the device at that time and would of missed out not only on the trade-in offer but also the pre-order credit Samsung offers. In total after finishing my purchase I had saved $800 ($600 trade-in value + $200 pre-order credit towards accessories). Like I had mentioned this was my first experience buying a brand new device from Samsung and I still remember how exciting this experience was for me. I sent in my Galaxy Note9 and that was the beginning of myself using the Samsung Trade-In Program still till this day with it being a very simple process. Below I will give some tips to help make this process as easy as possible. Tho these are my tips I still recommend everyone read and understand all the requirements for Samsung to accept your device trade-in. The requirements for device trade-in must be met or Samsung will not accept the device. Everytime I traded in a device it 100% met the requirements by Samsung and is why each time was a great experience for me.
ā–ŖļøŽMake sure you select the exact device manufacturer and model you are using for the trade-in. Also make sure you select the right condition for the device you are trading in. There are specific requirements for a "Good Condition" device and "Cracked Glass" device. As I stated it is very important to read and understand the specific requirements Samsung accepts for each category.
ā–ŖļøŽWhen you recieve the new device you purchased make sure to save the box and packing material as you will want to use this to send your trade-in device in. The Samsung Trade-In Program will send you a e-mail to welcome you to the program and give you the step by step instructions to how to ship the device you are trading in to them including instructions to print out the shipping label you will need for the Samsung Trade-In Program. I do believe they will also include the specific date (two weeks from the day your new device is delivered) that will be the last day you have to ship the trade-in device to Samsung. It is very important in this time period you transfer all the data from your trade-in device to your new device and make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If there are any issues with the new device you purchased I highly suggest reaching out to Samsung support within your 14 day return period to resolve any issues you may have. You will also recieve a e-mail from the Samsung Trade-In Program a few days before the last day you are able to send your trade-in device in. It is very important to send in your device within the trade-in period or you will be charged the price of the trade-in devices value. 
ā–ŖļøŽNow that you have successfully transfered all your data and are ready to send Samsung your trade-in device you are required to do a factory reset of the device. Make sure you charge the battery to 100% before shipping. It is very important to remove all data from the device and I always do a quick setup to homescreen to make sure once the Samsung Trade-In Program recieves my device that the technician inspecting it can turn boot up the device to the homescreen. Do not set any passwords, just breeze through the setup to homescreen.
ā–ŖļøŽFinally my last tip is to make sure you use plenty of packing material to keep your device safe during shipping. I re-use the same box and packing material my new device came in.

I really enjoyed writing this thread and to hopefully provide some helpful tips for anyone trading in a device for the first time. I am very confident in the Samsung Trade-In Program and by following the easy instructions given and using my helpful tips you will have the same amazing experiences I have had over the years! If you do find my thread helpful I would very much appreciate any questions or comments you may have.

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@MarkC609 

Excelent post. Thanks for the tips Mark:)

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
@Geno71, thank you. šŸ˜€šŸ‘Œ