JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 ultra camera over exposed

(Topic created: 03-03-2023 10:04 AM)
Ash45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Notice top three window panes on the right side. There are bricks on the wall but in the picture it's totally blown up.

Is anyone facing camera oversaturation issue with s23 ultra ? 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
148 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey there! So sorry you're experiencing these incidents of low quality pictures! Which settings have you adjusted so far? Do you happen to know if you have RCS chats enabled? If so, are there settings within to adjust media quality?
0 Likes
Candjvincent
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have been through all of the settings and there is currently not an option in Samsung Messages.  When I switch to Google Messages there is, but when I use it there are no changes at all. Most incoming pictures and all screenshots are pixelated. 

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Ah, alrighty. And have you reached out to your carrier to make sure it's not an issue on their end? Calls and texts are within their realm of responsibility, so they should be able to help answer if this is occuring because of some snafu in the network, or a setting they have to change.
0 Likes
Candjvincent
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have, and nothing.  They are the ones who ran me through the same settings changes,  had me try different apps, resets, clear data and cashe, everything.  Nothing has changed. I've spent at least 10 hours over the last 2 days on this. No one has any answers or different suggestions.  I'm very disappointed.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Did they also confirm that your network profile is set correctly? Did you ask for advanced tech assistance by chance? There is a possibility there is a higher tier support that could help you more. Did the carrier rep have you place the phone into Safe Mode yet?
0 Likes
Candjvincent
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I did not asked for a higher tier of support.  They also did not have me put the phone in safe mode. Sigh, I guess I should call again tomorrow.  I've spent so much time on this issue, it should not even be a thing on a brand new device!

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
I can guide you on how to enter Safe Mode. It's very easy. From the Power menu, press + hold Power down on the screen until the Safe Mode option appears. If your pictures are fine, a 3rd party app is causing the issue.
0 Likes
Candjvincent
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Put the phone in safe mode, sent myself pictures and screenshots and had others send both to me as well. Same deal. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
It is always the same across all file types, JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.? Could you upload an example here possibly?
0 Likes
Candjvincent
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

20230810_200244.jpg

Picture I took with my phone.

IMG_20230810_181519.jpg

ā€ƒScreenshot sent to me from an IPhone.

received_2210382925826578.jpg

ā€ƒScreenshot sent to me from an S22.

Resized_20230816_194951.jpg

ā€ƒPicture sent to me from an S20.