JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 ultra not updating, AT&T branded but was sold to Liberty Latin America

(Topic created: 01-14-2024 06:34 AM)
r2d4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My S23 ultra is not updating to Android 14. I can't even check for updates cause the option is disabled. My Galaxy is branded AT&T, but they sold it to Liberty Latin America. Is there anyway to manually update or now am I am stuck? 

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@r2d4 This is a discussion area for Samsung US products and services. It sounds like you would find more appropriate answers by posting in the discussion group for your geographical area. You can find that by visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/ 

0 Likes
joeldf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
AT&T branded Samsung phones only get updates from AT&T while on the AT&T network. Since you're not on the AT&T network, it can't see you to push the update.

You will have to search how to find and install unlocked firmware on your own. I don't know the policy of this forum on such issues, but I'd suggest the android central forum or xda developers forum for such information.
Josphe72
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
On my Note 10+ I would take out the sim card (straighttalk) originally a VWZ phone stiill had the splashscreen logo when booted, Then check for updates while on wifi and then get the update
0 Likes