JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 ultra - notification icons

(Topic created: 02-27-2023 09:50 PM)
ShredTheGnar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm coming off the S10+ and I love this new phone but I don't like the generic looking notification icons. Is this how it looks on the new UI? The S10+ has the actual icon of the app which was easy to spot. I've searched all the options and the only thing I can find is switching color palettes from this blue to other dull colors.

I really want the app icons back. I reset app preferences as well which includes all the notification settings. 

6 Replies
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Turn off color for the app icons I think.
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
It's not Samsung, it's how android handles icons in the dynamic theme engine introduced in A13. If you completely disable it under color pallete you'll have normal colorful icons again.
JumpingHoses
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung doesn't have to follow what stock A13 does. They already proven they can change major aspects in their OneUI version, like not including A/B (seamless) updates despite Google saying it's required.
0 Likes
melendino
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same problem and i Havent Solve it
0 Likes
ShredTheGnar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for the replies. In the wallpaper settings I already had the 'apply color to app icons' turned off. I guess you have to leave the entire color palette disabled as mentioned which is unfortunate.

Now leaving the color pallete off means I have to stick to the stock blue colors for the quick panel icons. Unless my phone is bugged.

The notification icons now have separate colors but I truly miss the app icons we had before the update. Kind of a bummer.
Screenshot_20230217_124606_Wallpaper and style.jpgNotifications 1_1000002812_1676656501.jpg
llealloo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same request: to be able to not color the app icons while theming the rest of the notification drawer's colors.

As it stands now, the colors of the icons appear muted (and a bit harder to read) after the theme has been applied.

0 Likes