JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Software Update Interrupted Error

(Topic created: 01-02-2024 05:52 PM)
LordVako
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

How the heck you fix this and why did it happen to begin with? I can not update my phone even though there is an update available. I get the Software Update Interrupted nonsense. Any help please? 

Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Try charging it above 70%, and try again with phone still plugged in to the charger. Clear cache partition before trying the update again.
0 Likes
LordVako
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Been there done that 😭:wastebasket:️
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried flashing it with the current OEM firmware for your phone? That's an option to reset the issue that may be causing the update problem.
0 Likes
LordVako
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I won't sit here and tell you I've done that because I do8n't even have a clue
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to sammobile.com for detailed instructions on how to flash a phone using Odin. It is faster downloading the firmware from samfw.com, but sammobile.com has the option to download after setting up an account.

Don't try unless you're comfortable doing it, though.
0 Likes
LordVako
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
And will that mess up any app or configuration? Or run the risk of it?
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
There is always a possibility of that happening with any install. If you're not comfortable doing it or haven't done it before, I will recommend not trying now.

I have flashed almost every Samsung device I have had, including tablets with no issues.
0 Likes
Discipl3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Will it void the warranty? Flashed a Note 10+ before?
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
No. If you get the firmware from sammobile.com or samfw.com, those are official Samsung firmware that are Google Play protect. You will continue to get OTA update.
0 Likes
Discipl3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Reason I asked is I have a Note 10+ from back then. I updated it and it messed up the phone. Started booting up then I would log into the phone and it would restart after like 2-3mins. They advised me to clear/wipe the cache partition I did after that it wouldn't go past the boot screen. You think it can be fixed?
0 Likes