JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text photo labels

(Topic created: 04-15-2024 05:35 PM)
Members_eH1U81n
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Galaxy A54 5G.  Is this still an S23?

All the photos I send via text go out with a label:  Acupuncture Scheduling.

I didn't set that up.  The photos are unrelated to acupuncture.  How do I get rid of the labelphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg?  

5 Replies
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
in your calendar under app permissions do you have photos and video set to no access?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Members_eH1U81n These photos aren't going out with the tag. What is happening is that it is showing you (and only you) the account that you used to send that picture.

I believe that, in your address book, you have the entry "My profile" to a contact with the number that you are sending that text with. In the text, when you look at the photo that you sent it pulls the info from "My profile" and shows you that title above the photo. 

For example, for me "My profile" is set to my name. When I look at photos that I have texted in the text stream, it shows my name.  

0 Likes
Solution
Members_eH1U81n
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for helping me with this.  Big relief that the pic labels aren't being seen by the recipient.  One clarification.  You said, "...In your address book you have the entry "My profile" to a contact with the number that you are sending that text with."  Actually, all photos to everyone get the label, so it isn't just in one contact. 

By "address book", I guess you mean Google contacts.  I typed "my profile" into the search bar and got nothing there.  I clicked on managing my Google profiles - again nothing.  I clicked on my icon - nothing unexpected.  I've been through all the options in settings.  I've been through camera settings.  Is there a settings location for Messenger?  I sure would like to fix this if you have something I can try.

Members_eH1U81n
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Found the address entry that was incorrect.  Problem solved.  THANK YOU!

LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Members_eH1U81n I'm glad that you resolved it. 

"Actually, all photos to everyone get the label, so it isn't just in one contact. "

It was tied to one contact... your contact info. That is why it affected messages to everyone. 

'By "address book", I guess you mean Google contacts.'

Nope, as you discovered I meant Samsung Contacts app. 

0 Likes