JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Video preview pics are all black in Gallery

(Topic created: 10-26-2023 10:37 AM)
CatGymnPaint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
In the Gallery app, a number of my video albums show only black when I'm viewing the album. Then they cycle through each one slowly showing an animated preview. This is SO annoying!! I don't have time to sit there waiting and waiting for the animated preview to get to the end of my album just so I can see which video it is. 
Anybody know how to change this to the way Android 10 showed a still pic from each video within the album in the Gallery app?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Try this. From the Gallery>three lines bottom right>Settings>About Gallery>tap the Version number until you notice a message at the bottom of the screen that Gallery Labs has been enabled. Go back to the Settings screen and select the new Gallery Labs. There are tons of useful options here, but what you're looking for is Video thumbnail policy v2. Make sure to completely exit the gallery app after changing this for it to take effect.
Screenshot_20231026_124439_Gallery.jpg

View solution in context

4 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@CatGymnPaint The Gallery normally does show a frame from the video when looking at that screen. Have you tried rebooting your phone? or clearing the Gallery's cache?

Also, if you are using a Theme, have you tried returning to the default theme? 

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Try this. From the Gallery>three lines bottom right>Settings>About Gallery>tap the Version number until you notice a message at the bottom of the screen that Gallery Labs has been enabled. Go back to the Settings screen and select the new Gallery Labs. There are tons of useful options here, but what you're looking for is Video thumbnail policy v2. Make sure to completely exit the gallery app after changing this for it to take effect.
Screenshot_20231026_124439_Gallery.jpg
CatGymnPaint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
It finally worked!! Thank you so much!!
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Yay! That's wonderful news! 🙂