Original topic:

Banding issue is not a Hardware issue. Check out the video I have made.

(Topic created: 05-07-2024 03:33 AM)
Its_aKaSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello All,

First check the video

https://youtube.com/shorts/XDCsUbBYHns?si=lH2Shy4LYT53SoKv

Hope you have watched the video now so - After reading posting several posts,threads I came to know that the banding we are getting due to SRGB color space which s24 ultra/S24 series using as it's default color space for SDR content.

I have checked the same with previous S series fold series and for those there are no banding though there also samsung used 8bit+FRC displays. it's happening because on previous devices they used DCIP3 colors on all accorss the device contents.

Now came to the point, The video I have made to show you guys that how DCIP3 color gamut present on HDR content can fix the banding issue.

It's clearly see that when I am playing the HDR content then display is showing DCIP3 colors and there if I am testing using https://testmyscreen.com/ then I am not getting any banding , it's preety smooth but when I am turning off the video, banding is again visible.

With hdr on via youtube video--

IMG-20240227-WA0008.jpg

Without HDR--

IMG-20240227-WA0002.jpg

I am requesting all of the members here , please don't get offended. I love samsung that's why I spend lot of money on it. Just see the facts and share your opinion.

Requesting samsung to bring back DCIP3 colorspace for vivid mode on all over the device contents and keep the SRGB for natural mode. Please Samsung we need this as display is looking worse with those bandings.

userz0ndpc2GfG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Testade on my s22u and it looks similar

0 Likes
Spectre7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm watching a series in Netflix on my S24u and the banding issues has been very annoying. My Netflix plan is on premium ultra HD and with 200Mbps and 500Mbps internet sources with Wifi6. My s24u software and Netflix app is updated to latest firmware version and with QHD+ display resolution. I had my s24u checked again in service center for the second time in 3months and still no clear solution on the issue. The engineer in service center didn't take my device and just make a report to raise the issue to the higher ups instead. ļæ¼

I compared it to my brother's A73 and the banding in s24u is very noticeable.IMG_0226.JPGIMG_0227.JPGIMG_0211.JPGIMG_0210.JPGIMG_0209 (1).JPGIMG_0202.JPGIMG_0204.JPGIMG_0206.JPGIMG_0208.JPGIMG_0209.JPG 

0 Likes
Lokside
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello all, 

Sorry by advance for my english, this isn't my mother language...
This is my 3rd S24 ultra because the two others had display issues :

- 1st one had grainy issue, but severe one

- 2nd had grainy and banding

- 3rd : like the 2nd

I know that banding is spread across all device but it is not as distractive as we can think. But the banding is EVERYWHERE, it's astonishingly pronounced all around.
Youtube Music ? Banding everywhere
Youtube ? I can see banding on the wall
Prime Video with Invincible show : banding where there is gradient colors 

It's really bad for the price : my 15 pro Max is perfect and even my old Oneplus 6 !

I think it's software related but when Samsung will fix this ? I'm on the fence to send back the phone and abandon samsung for this, which is a shame because everything else is perfect... But i can't stand a 1500ā‚¬ flagship with a **bleep**ty display

Thx all

TonyTypeS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I notice the same banding when watching Netflix. Kinda sucks when the S24 Ultra is suppose to be the best. Don't have banding issues with my old Note 20U, but the screen surely isn't as clear, bright, and vibrant like the S24U
Lokside
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah the screen is typically superior (even superior than my pro Max) but seriously it's atrocious because it's everywhere.

I had the S23 Ultra and didn't have the same problem (grain or banding)...

0 Likes
Lokside
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Okay it's 100% software related : 

I put a HDR video on Youtube and with picture in picture, all the banding disapears !

But Samsung HAS TO put some effort in update because it's unbearable for a such company and price phone

LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm not having any issues with my S24, If you try to change up the settings does it make a difference? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00063051/ 

the ones that are experiencing this do you have screen protectors on the device if so with those removed do you notice it? 

FiveSix7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes with screen protector on and removed it is noticeable.

Changing from vivid to natural or changing vividness does not fix the issue. Actually, if you are on the screen to change color modes, you might be able to see this banding issue in the first test image. On my s24 ultra, it is in the sky to the top left of the pinwheel if you take a close look.
0 Likes
Jelony
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

@Rydah Hello, how is the status of this issue? There were 2 months from the last update.

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey there, Jelony. Like everyone else here, I haven't heard anything official on this situation šŸ˜ž.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.