Original topic:

Blocking all incoming calls

(Topic created: a week ago)
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi Sammy fam. It there a way to temporarily block all incoming calls besides for DND? I want all of my calls to go straight to voicemail. 
8 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@PghLei Turn on Airport mode. Make sure Wifi calling is off. 

OR you could even turn off your phone. 

PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hiker, I turned off WiFi calling. I want to be able to dial out, just not receive calls. I watched a ytube video but I didn't see the option the guy was showing šŸ˜•
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24
That isn't possible. If you have cellular enabled to call out your phone will also receive calls.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
You can forward all calls to voicemail. Dialer/Settings/supplementary services/call forwarding - select forward all calls, then put in your voicemail number. If you don't know it, simply long press the 1 key in the dial pad and bring up your voicemail. The number will show briefly while dialing and when you hang up, it will be in your recent call list. The list will read as "voicemail", tap on it to expand to see the number. Or, your carrier may have added it to your contacts as "voicemail".
You will then be able to make outgoing calls while all incoming go to voicemail. When you want to start receiving calls again, simply follow the same steps and delete the VM nbr
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@realaud That is true, you can do that. To me, the steps involved took it out of the category temporary, but you could view it that way. 

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
It's cumbersome to set it up the first time, but, you only have to do it when you turn it on/off and subsequent forwards you only have to choose the number. It's temporary because it can be stopped/changed. Some people have need to forward calls somewhere else for a time. There's also a quicker method with a star code on the dial pad, but I am not sure it's universal for all carriers (or if it works at all, because I haven't tried it). I suppose it could be programmed as a contact, so one does not have to memorize it.
0 Likes
Tattoo58
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It is possible because I do it. Just see if your service supports Call Forwarding, I have mine forwarded to my Voicemail, and now I get rest. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

What's wrong with using DND anyway?  It's quick, it's temporary, it's easy to turn on and off, and you will still maintain full functionality of using your device: making outgoing calls, texts, along with app usage.

You can change the parameters of DND to let all your notifications to come through, but no phone calls. You can set a routine to have a second instance of DND, which will keep your original DND mode intact, and the DND in your routine can have separate parameters (discovered this by accident). You can set the routine to be run manually (set a shortcut on your home screen), or automatic for a specific time period, say every Monday from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., or from July 1-July 18, and then you won't have to remember to turn it on and off.  

0 Likes