Original topic:

Screen timeout issue.

(Topic created: a month ago)
GrandpaGumpy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I just upgraded to a Galaxy S24 plus and, so far, I'm very pleased. I do have one issue that I can't find the answer to; I have my screen timeout set to 2 minutes but it always resets itself to 20 seconds. 
Google is of no use as their answer is to adjust the screen timeout in settings. That's the issue, the settings don't stay set. 

I do have the keep on while looking at the screen set to on but it only seems to work when it wants to.

32 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@GrandpaGumpy Do you have any kind of work email or anything else like it set up on this phone? I used to have a work email on my phone, and they always pushed their security policies overwriting my preferences. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

0 Likes
GrandpaGumpy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Nothing but my personal email, Geno71. I've found similar issues in some threads here, but nothing applicable to the S24.
0 Likes
GrandpaGumpy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I also just found out that my adaptive brightness setting is resetting also.
Gotta be some known issue, I'm sure.
0 Likes
Underdog17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
How long have you been having this issue Grandpa?
0 Likes
GrandpaGumpy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Been having the issue with the timeout since last week. Just noticed the brightness issue tonight.
Just got it last week and I'm still going through and tweaking the settings.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
To fix these issues with your display brightness, please open your applications and then select the Device Health Services app and clear the cache and data from the application, This will result in resetting the Adaptive Brightness and screen Time out issue, After you reset the application please then open your Settings for your display and reconfigure everything again, 1717362257993.jpg
0 Likes
GrandpaGumpy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't have the Device Health Services app on my phone, ams007.
My Secure Lock and Extend Unlock settings have been set up earlier.
I'm about ready to take it back.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Open up your settings, then select applications, then select the 3 lines, and select the Show system files 1717376312631.jpg1717376312647.jpg1717376312667.jpg
0 Likes
GrandpaGumpy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's not there on my S24+. The only thing that is is the Device Care app.
0 Likes