Original topic:

Call ringtone won't stay as it should

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 02:22 PM)
Pip77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello all. I have had My s24 ultra for a couple of days and have been having a particular issue. I am a blind person and using the talkback accessibility mode. I have set my call ringtone to the atomic bell. Eventually, when I receive a call, The ringtone is completely different. When I go into sounds and vibration, and go to call ringtone, it shows as Galaxy homecoming. I was wondering if anyone else and the Samsung community, who has a s24 ultra, has experience this issue or something similar and was able to resolve it.

I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you. 
6 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
1) Are you testing using the stock phone app or third party apps such as Viber or WhatsApp?
2) Have you tried to change the ringtone and then call your number right away to see if that is what you set?

Pip77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello Charkatak. I've only used the stock phone app. I live alone so I will have to wait until a relative comes by tomorrow so that I can set the ringtone and have that relative give me a call immediately to see what happens. I appreciate your response.
Pip77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Quick update. I change the ringtone back to atomic Bell and called a relative to have them call me back immediately. When the relative called me back, the ringtone rung like it should with the correct tone. But about a few minutes ago, I went ahead and checked back in the call ringtone setting and again it reverted back to the homecoming tone instead of the atomic Bell ringtone that I set it to. Now I am back to square one.. ..
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Check your device for any software and app updates. Since you got it recently, there could be some bug fixes.

Additionally, in the sound and vibration settings, when you go to ringtone, there is a + sign in the top right corner, which allows you to set a custom tone. At least worth a try

0 Likes
Pip77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I double checked and my system software is up to date along with my apps.
0 Likes
mystor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same problem with my recently bought S24 Ultra. I want to change my ringtone to a custom one, but whenever I open the settings, the ringtone selection changes to the default one (Galaxy Bells).

Edit: After selecting the same ringtone three times, and deleting the multiple instances, the menu shows me the right ringtone.