JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't get Bluetooth to work for phone calls

(Topic created: Tuesday)
magconpres
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Upgraded from S10 to S24 and can't get bluetooth to work for phone calls.
I've tried connecting to both a Jabra headset that I use at work as well as my 2017 Nissan Titan.  In both cases, when I connect to the devices, I see Bluetooth as the selected output device in the phone app, but the sound continues to go through the phone.

I also was not able to get music to play through my Nissan's stereo.  Both the phone and the stereo would show they were connected and the stereo would show the info for whatever I was playning, but there was no audio.  I was able to fix this be enabling Separate App Sound for my music apps.  But the phone still doesn't work (which is probably more important.).

I really don't care about the SPA function.  I would be fine if this just worked like it did on my S10.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
magconpres
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Talked to Samsung support.  They referred me to a local authorized repair center (one of those independent fix my phone places).
The guy at the shop ran some diagnostics and said my phone was fine and I'd have to sedn it back to Samsung for a replacement.
But when I got into my car, it worked!  I think running the diagnostics must have updated a bluetooth driver or something.

So, if you're having software issues, it's worth having the diagnostics run to see if that fixes the problem.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

In Bluetooth settings, is the connected headset set to output BOTH audio and Phone calls?

0 Likes
magconpres
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It is.

0 Likes
Solution
magconpres
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Talked to Samsung support.  They referred me to a local authorized repair center (one of those independent fix my phone places).
The guy at the shop ran some diagnostics and said my phone was fine and I'd have to sedn it back to Samsung for a replacement.
But when I got into my car, it worked!  I think running the diagnostics must have updated a bluetooth driver or something.

So, if you're having software issues, it's worth having the diagnostics run to see if that fixes the problem.  

0 Likes