JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Custom Notification tones gone??

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 10:00 PM)
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is this setting actually gone for the S24? I can no longer have separate notification tones for my messages and general notifications. So whenever I get an email, amazon order, IG like, food order, samsung SMS message, etc, they all sound the same now.
I'm specifically wanting just my message notification tone differentiated from all the others. 
If anyone know a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks!
JUMP TO SOLUTION
110 Replies
userHMhLK1nXgW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I can not set a notification tone for samsung sms or Google without setting it for system notifications
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@userHMhLK1nXgW Using Google Messages, click on a conversation to open it. Click the 3 dot menu in upper right. Click on Details. Click on Notifications. Click on Sound and change it to what you want. 

0 Likes
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This is a poor "work around" not a solution as it only sets the tone for that specific conversation...not all messages
0 Likes
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I found the fix!!! You must FIRST enable "Manage notification categories for each app". This is located: Gear Icon (Settings) - Notifications - Advanced Settings - Manage notification categories for each app (very bottom. Once enabled, you will now have the beloved "Notification categories" in your google messages and change your notification sound again.
Harpbri
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You are a genius! Thanks. I'm not sure why Samsung would have that off by default, it's idiotic.
0 Likes
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Same. Pretty silly its off by default. It's also pretty buried and not easy to find. Oh well crisis averted for now.
0 Likes
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue here. On my s24 ultra using the default Google messages, there is no option to set the notification tone for text messages. You can set a notification for a specific user/number, but not all messages as a whole. I do not want to use the default notification for text messages. Notifications get lost in the noise.
0 Likes
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
S24u vs S23u messages setting. Notice on the s24 there is no "notification categories". This is where you use to set the notification tone. Same messages version. 1706394377033.jpg1706394444716.jpg
Harpbri
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yep I just noticed this with my S22 and S24 Ultras. The option is completely gone. Hopefully Samsung fixes this quickly, Pixel phones can still do it on Android 14.
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I found the fix!!! You must FIRST enable "Manage notification categories for each app". This is located: Gear Icon (Settings) - Notifications - Advanced Settings - Manage notification categories for each app (very bottom. Once enabled, you will now have the beloved "Notification categories" in your google messages and change your notification sound again.