JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Did you know there is a diagnostic option

(Topic created: yesterday)
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Did you know that if you think something is wrong with your phone or watch, you can test it out! If you go to settings>device care>diagnostics> phone or watch> and click on the icons and it tests out if its good or not and if something is wrong then it will tell you how to fix it!! I just learned this two weeks ago 😁😁😁 

You're welcome😁
9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Diagnostics are your friend 😀
0 Likes
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yesssssss
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, it's been there quite a while.
0 Likes
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Congratulations
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

A lot of people truly don't know about it.  It is not readily obvious unless one is scrolling through every setting -- and even then, it's not obvious because it's an option inside another setting inside a setting.

There should be an icon on the home screen, perhaps right next to the settings wheel, that goes right to the diagnostic tool.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't know what Samsung was thinking by hiding this option, especially since no one is looking for it.  It's not something one does when one sets up a phone - "Hey, I wonder if there's a diagnostic tool?"  You can also reach this tool by opening the Members app on your phone and clicking on the support tab at the bottom right.  The problem with *that* option is a) not everyone uses the Members app and b) those that do would never think to look for diagnostics there.  It is also not available if you access the Members site on a computer because, naturally, you cannot perform a diagnostic on a device not connected to the service, which is really asinine, since one might want to do a diagnostic on a phone that's still alive but the screen is inoperable.

Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Right and thats the frustrating part but when i set my phone up it told me about the diagnostic tool and i used it twice now and sometimes it helps
0 Likes
Laybal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
No there really shouldn't. They don't need to clog up the screen with more buttons.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Easily removable if you don't want it there, but having it there would make people aware there actually is a diagnostic tool.

0 Likes