JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 11:29 AM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

268 Replies
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Im using S24Ultra.
This is a 7 day history, and always on display consumed about 67%. 
Does anyone see the same problem? Can you see which app has high battery usage in Battery tracker app?
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
i have same issue on s23 ultra, always on ..drains the **bleep** out of my battery especially overnight, i disabled it. you can also schedule it to turn on at a certain time and off at a certain.time.. you obviously dont need it on while your sleeping.
0 Likes
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I've scheduled it. 5:30am - 12:30am
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I had a chat with samsung customer service via text. They're suggesting to close unused apps. A waste of time 1709419660348.jpg
0 Likes
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
But 67% is too bad. If we've to disable, why does it even exist?

I don't remember seeing this in my S22 ultra. I suppose they messed up competing with iPhone's AOD.
0 Likes
joeldf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I've never seen it that high on my phones. I have an S24+ now, and in the past 7 days, the highest it got was 9.4%. Normally, it averages 4 to 5%. And I have it always on - when I'm not using it that is.

Can't see what it does overnight because it's always on a wireless charger at night.
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I've attached a screenshot of both AOD page and its version. Does anything look different from yours?1709432054863.jpg1709432054879.jpg
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Turn on power saving mode and see if that helps.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
This is why I NEVER use this. On none of my devices, S24 ultra, apple watch ultra or iPhone 15 Pro Max.
0 Likes
usertFx2jf0oHA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Had the phone for a month, can someone help? I've done literally all basic troubleshooting. Battery usage is at a copping 208%, with Google Play services consuming the most battery. What's causing this?!