JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:28 PM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
263 Replies
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Do you have another profile set up on the phone, like a work profile?  There have been reports of overheating and battery drain from folks with work profiles set up, especially after the most recent update. If that's the case, then try deleting or disabling the other profile and see if that helps, at least until there's a fix.

0 Likes
usertFx2jf0oHA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I do actually! So get this. Carrier booted my phone up in Safe Mode, rebooted normally, and now for some reason it works now! I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but everything is running normally now. *fingers crossed*
0 Likes
strangerzero
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Any samsung representative to solve the issue? I missed my meeting today because of this battery draining thing, slept on 40% and when I woke up my phone was dead.

Dan00
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same thing happened to me 3 times and they just took down my post because it was a "duplicate" of another post except that one was about always on display and I don't even use that.
user3ewxOFJRnB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm facing the same issue. Before the march update my battery used to last a whole day easily even with a bit heavy use but since the update can't even last till even with light use. I went from 100% to 79% by just using Android auto for 30-45 mins. 

Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
This is also happening to me. Some suggested work profiles to blame but I've never used those. I'm unsure of what is happening here. But I used to get a day and a half. Now I'm lucky to get 18 hours max. All since the update. No troubleshooting steps fix it. I also noticed heating up of the device in particular around the camera unit area. Not sure if that's what's to blame here. Not even using the camera and it's heating up.
- Ibuddy66
0 Likes
Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I also noticed that during the update and same happened to my friends too when saying it was processing the update package the device restarted before it finished that. It got to around 78 percent and restarted. It also did this with another part of the update and restarted itself before the bar was fully filled again. IDK if this is anything or just a weird anomaly.
- Ibuddy66
0 Likes
Emon13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I dont know why but battery never stays where i leave it off screen. I dont know what is the issue...last night it went down from 93 to 81....i never saw such problem in iphone
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you check to see what may be draining your battery? I think it's in the settings for you to see what using the battery.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
After the March update, it doesn't show you what's actually draining the battery. Something is causing the problem and you can't troubleshoot it. I had the same issue on my Note 20 Ultra after a security update 8 or 9 months ago and I bought this new phone to resolve it and after the March update I had the same problem. The other day I had $124% battery usage in one day with only one and a half hours of active screen use and none of the apps were being used in the battery screen. The biggest user was phone use which was 10% and everything else was like 1%. Super serious issues with the March update. I'm curious if they will actually fix it.
0 Likes