JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:28 PM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
263 Replies
Keydy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you! Others are telling me to return it so I'm not really sure
0 Likes
Brdsng
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been using galaxy s series phone for a long time. I switched from the base s23 to the base s24. I received my phone six days ago and noticed the incredibly bad battery and have been afraid to use it because of that reason. Today is the first day of real use and I'm stunned how bad this battery is. I have 7 days to return it and would like to know if there will be a fix. All the apps, including the purple icon openphone, and settings are exactly like my s23 and that battery is so much better. I would probably be about 30% higher now. I've attached screenshots. I'm not looking to disable this or that or remove any apps since my s23 performs just fine with the same settings and apps.

Also do have the same issue as others with the washed out colors.

Thanks for any help

0 Likes
Samsbum
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Return it
0 Likes
Brdsng
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Return it because it won't be fixed?

Updated stats. The whole wait a week thing for your phone to figure it out is total garbage. S23,s22,S20 didn't have this problem. Samsung has a few days to fix and if they don't, I'll just send it back. 1706815580983.jpg1706815581003.jpg
0 Likes
rocketman333
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My s24 ultra battery drains 12% every 40 minutes with very little browsing use. Not even doing games or videos. Also, it wirelessly charges at 1% an hour. My s21 could charge in no time...I know it's not the chargers I'm using.
0 Likes
marie22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Was your bad batch of phones ordered directly from your carrier or Samsung website? I activated my s24 ultra yesterday at 2am. Went to sleep with a battery at 100 percent. Woke up and the phone was dead and hot and then wouldn't charge or turn back on. I returned it to At&t and they ordered me a brand new one as they didn't have my 512gb violet in stock.
0 Likes
Harsha lokam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The s24 Exynos Indian version has battery drain issues , waiting for an software update to fix the issues,  it's hard to see a newly purchased phone getting drained out of battery compared to my 3 year long old device.

Samsung please fix this issue

0 Likes
Dr_Beat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

After one week of using the S24 Ultra (With actually good battery functionallity) , I went to sleep with nearly 90% battery and woke up for 0%. No special apps used, battery background optimisation is on. Should I be worry too?

0 Likes
Nabin KC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My s24 ultra battery decrease 1%in 2 minutes of using phone. And it heats as well while charging .it's brand new just 1 day..

0 Likes
ANDY_AUS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

I am also experiencing the same issue with my battery. It depletes very quickly even with minimal usage. I primarily use social media, and with only 3 hours and 40 minutes of screen time, my battery level dropped from 80% to 10%. I have disabled the Always-On Display (AOD) feature, reduced the brightness, and I do not engage in gaming.

In comparison, my previous device, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, could last an entire day with approximately 4 hours of gaming and 6 to 7 hours of screen time.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance in resolving this issue.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

0 Likes