JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:28 PM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
263 Replies
Steve18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same... 

0 Likes
Arthie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here

0 Likes
Ayush Agarwal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

1000029983.jpg

I am getting a maximum SOT of 4 hours on full charge without gaming which is very very disappointing. I might return my device and switch to an iPhone. My 5 year old device is giving me more battery backup with hard gaming compared to S24 Ultra without gaming. With s24 ultra, I am having to charge 3 times a day with minimal usage.

0 Likes
Ayush Agarwal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

1000029983.jpgI am getting a maximum SOT of 4 hours on full charge without gaming which is very very disappointing. I might return my device and switch to an iPhone. My 5 year old device is giving me more battery backup with hard gaming compared to S24 Ultra without gaming. With s24 ultra, I am having to charge 3 times a day with minimal usage.

WhyNot86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have sent back my (base) s24.Battery was awful ,I mean really bad 3-4hr max.Dropping charge like a plague.Samsung told me to box the device and post it back,they’ll send another one.TBH,Exynos - what did I think?But hearing the S24 Ultra with Snapdragon has issues as well,so must be some huge issue with the OS on the Samsung phones.

0 Likes
arturocarce
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Base Galaxy S24 256GB 3.5h SOT max. The battery is draining VERY fast, nothing compared to my previous S23. I regret upgrading. Any official news from Samsung if it will be fixed with an update. Only 2 days left to start the return process. 😞 

Please help!

0 Likes
WhyNot86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Return it as long as you can.Samsung probably will send you another one like did to me,still waiting for the replacement.Keep returning it until this issue with the battery resolved,I am not sure if it is processor related or not ,some Snapdragon have issues as well.My Exynos was just like yours,battery was draining doing nothing ,lost 20% in 29 minutes doing really nothing.Return yours !

0 Likes
hooveradf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Battery life on this phone is BS. I have drain while connected to a charger. It won't even last a day. I am kind of annoyed that I sent my S20 in already. I wish I had it back.
0 Likes
Sadebash
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

1000009916.jpg

I will ask for a replacement

Base S24 exynos 

0 Likes
arturocarce
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Okay guys, I can't provide full details yet because the day hasn't finished. But it seems I got an improvement by deleting the partition cache in the recovery menu.

I did this because I used Smart Switch to transfer some data, and I read a few old comments on Reddit from people saying that if you use Smart Switch, there's a chance that efficiency is impacted because of some corrupted files.

Try it and see if it improves your case.

To do so:

1. Connect the device to a computer and turn it off.

2. Press the power button and volume up key until you enter the recovery menu.

3. Navigate to the "Clear cache" option using the volume up and down keys and the power button to select.

4. Clear the cache and reboot the device.

None of your data, apps, or settings are affected.

I hope it works. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!