Original topic:

Message says "couldn't send" but the recipient is still responding?

(Topic created: yesterday)
CalistaIsConfused
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey friends! I am having this annoying issue where 9/10 messages aren't sending and bouncing back with "couldn't send message". However, the recipient is still responding to them like they are going through? I have at&t and I am aware of the outage earlier today, but this started yesterday right as I activated my new phone (the s24). I've restarted and turned off the phone multiple times and have even cleared any cache/data the app held, to no avail. This was not happening at all to my s9+ shortly before I activated this new phone. I am also not using Google messages, as I hate the functionality of it, so I'm using the regular old Messages app that used to be the default. Please, if any of y'all are experiencing the same issue and have any clue how fo fix it or have any idea why this could be happening, reply! I will be calling at&t tomorrow if I have enough time before they close, to see if it's on their end. 
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Google is the default message app for the S24. When you set an SMS app (Samsung's) as the default, it disables the default app "Google" and its features. Check with your service provider. Some carriers offer message & MMS services for additional fee(s). Have you tried Google messages? If so, did you experience the same issues when sending messages? There's a setting in Google messages (advanced) that allows Samsung to control Google messages. I love Samsung's message app, too!!!
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@CalistaIsConfused When you send an SMS/MMS, your phone hands it to the local carrier tower. The tower is then expected to reply with a "yes, we received message abc". It sounds like your phone is not receiving that confirmation from the tower. 

This could be caused by the tower being overloaded, tower working incorrectly, or being out of range of the tower. 

0 Likes