JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple Apps Crashing??

(Topic created: 03-19-2024 04:38 PM)
LadyGalaxiaTarot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I just got my S24 Ultra at the end of February after having the S21 Ultra for 4 years since it's launch. I have tons of apps that I transfered over and updated when I got the phone. And over the past few weeks since the last software update, I've had multiple apps crashing on me. I've checked online and I have only come across a few mentions of it for certain apps, and some said it was the fact the apps need to be adjusted for the new phones, some said it was due to the new snapdragon chip. I hadn't noticed this before the most recent software update, but all the articles I found stated this has been happening since launch! So I'm not sure if I just didn't use any apps with the problem before the update and it was still a thing, or if it really did come from the software update! I just thought I'd check here to see if anyone is having the same issues? I've cleared caches, updated apps, restarted phone, tried downloading both app store versions of apps, and uninstalling and reinstalling. It's mostly game apps I've noticed doing it, but a few other apps like shopping apps like Amazon, streaming apps like Netflix and even PayPal have crashed on me. I've sent a report to samsung to see if they know anything about it since the recent software updates. But I'd love some advice if anyone is experiencing the same issues. 
Thanks so much.
13 Replies
userSNTBKBnvUP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same thing happening with my Samsung Ultra S23, several apps crashing, and I tried to do a reset, and that didn't work.
userafFuxjGnjW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

All my yahoo apps won't open, various news apps, and now.the galaxy store itself won't open.  Kept getting clear cache prompts, now it says wait for a developer update for effected apps.  Everything worked fine 24 hours ago.  S23 Utra user here.

userSNTBKBnvUP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you find a fix? It seems we have the same ongoing issues. All of my Yahoo Apps and Samsung Store are affected,
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
The game crashing is indeed caused by underlying incompatibility between the Unity game engine and the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 processor. Each game developer will have to independently issue a patch to fix it. The other apps you mentioned shouldn't have this problem though. Have you attempted reinstalling them?
0 Likes
LadyGalaxiaTarot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes I've done that with basically all of them that were crashing. I only noticed the shopping and PayPal apps once or twice, but it's mostly been the games, so I think you're right about the apps needing to be patched individually! It's possible the other may have been closing due to an overload while trying to fix the problems myself!
0 Likes
garytowne
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Like above, all my yahoo apps are crashing. Also my weather app cannot open.
Darkangelo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

On S24 Ultra, having issues with major apps like Fedex, Hulu, UPS and more.  I've cleared data, cache, uninstalled, reset phone.....nothing is helping.  Something is wrong.

Chris1179
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Is there anything in developer options that can tell me anything about the galaxiga game that constantly crashes? The developers keep telling me they are monitoring and will optimize for all devices. They have updated the game quite a few times and it still crashes. I had a report in to Samsung and they replied with it's a 3rd party app and they have to fix it. Could it be something with the phone or is it the game cuz it's only this game that I have an issue with.

neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I've seen several similar comments here concerning games crashing since the release of Android 14. The issue is caused by an incompatibility with something called the Unity gaming engine. If and when this will be resolved, I have no idea.
0 Likes