Original topic:

My S24 Ultra battery only charges at 99% with adaptive battery on

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 12:56 PM)
WindyCityPunk23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey all, I've had my s24 ultra for like 3 weeks now. 

I have it on adaptive battery. Battery charges to 99% every time. Never has gotten a full charge to 100%. That's including overnight. Sounds normal?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
No, it should go to 100%.
0 Likes
Raz3r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The same problem here. Seems that it behaves like that since the february update. 

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here. Every morning when I unplug it's at 99%
CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

noticed in the last week or so that this has begun happening again, so a recent update must have caused it. For a while there it was going to 100%.

CWinkler
0 Likes
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Have you performed a power reset on the device since the update? Also, is the Power Protection setting turned on? The battery protection setting might be set to maximum, which stops the battery from charging to 100%. To fix this, go to Settings > Device Care > Battery and change the setting to Basic or Adaptive.

cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Update: paid better attention this morning and looked at % prior to unplugging. Phone was at 100%. Very shortly after unplugging, it dropped to 99%. That was 2 hr 14 min ago, and it's only down to 97%. Looks like all is well.

I'm on Adaptive charging, my phone reboots automatically every Sun, Tues, Thurs and Sat. I don't play any games on my phone. There was a period (I think before the previous to latest update) where this was happening, then the 1st May update (that came out end of April) got it back up to 100%. Now when I take it off the charger in the morning, it's at 99% again. May have the timing off, but I remember the behavior.

Not sure if my auto reboots are what you're referring to as power reset. If memory serves me correctly, I also did a cache clean after the latest May security update.

CWinkler
0 Likes
Redi Berberi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I think it might be because this type of samsung might have an automatic stop when charged to 100%.

After some minutes it would normally drop 1-2%.

0 Likes