Original topic:

My new phone won't fully charge to 100%

(Topic created: 09-02-2024 11:09 AM)
RaulitoElLobito
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I just got this phone about 4 days ago and it's still learning my usage patterns. I have the battery set to adaptive. When I wake up to unplug the phone it's always at 99 never 100. Is this normal or did I get a faulty device?

10 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Could be normal as it learns your usage etc if that makes sense on my phone it will show 100 percent at end of charge and soon after drops to 99 so seems normal
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Yup this is so true and also when you first get a new phone I was told you have to factory reset it and also let the battery die then after that you're good
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Not necessarily let it die but let battery goto 30 percent before charging it not sure a factory reset is needed from start
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Well that's what I do to not have any issues with my phone and I thought the same way til I started doing that
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Sometimes need to do reset but nit always at start but good to use when needed I always view a factory reset as last resort when big problems occur
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Okay
korystoltenberg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It's normal. Some phones stop charging at 99% to protect the battery's lifespan, especially with adaptive charging. Itā€™s designed to learn your usage patterns and keep the battery healthy long-term. No need to worryā€”your device is fine.

0 Likes
RaulitoElLobito
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
OK, I just upgraded from the 21 and it didn't have that feature so I wasn't sure.
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
That's basically what adaptive charge is meant to do... switch to basic based on your learned sleep patterns..if you want to get to 100 percent and have it stay there, toggle off Battery Protection
0 Likes