JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pre-order, Trade-in, promotions, discounts - Need help!

(Topic created: 01-18-2024 01:00 AM)
TalhaAyaz1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi. I ordered through Samsung shop app - Samsung s24 ultra 1TB, payment got deducted and order went through,

After an hour, got an email that order got cancelled for some reason and now I cant use my vouchers. 

No specific reasons mentioned. 

Did anyone find a fix?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
555 Replies
vjc789
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Had asimilar problem. I was offered an $850 trade-in for my two year old S22 Ultra on the new S24 Ultra through my carrier, Verizon. I shipped it as instructed. I met all the pre- conditions as stated in the trade agreement. The phone has always been in an Otterbox case, never dropped, not a nick or scratch on it. The phone was in like new condition. Then I got an email from Verizon saying they received my trade-in phone and that they have adjusted the value from $850 to $227. They claimed the phone didn't meet two of the trade conditions. Which ones they never said. **bleep**! I called Verizon and complained. I explained that I really didn't expect $850, but downgrading the value to only $227 is a fu##ingr rip off! I could have sold the phone on Facebook marketplace for around $500 to $600. I expressed my great disappointment with Verizon and said I'd never trade in another phone again, and when my new phone is paid off, I might consider leaving Verizon. Natural, they tried to sound puzzled and sympathetic. The rep I spoke with said to wait at least two bill cycles to see if the FINAL evaluation will be credited towards my new phone. Why two bill cycles? I don't know. Anyway, these trade-ins are a scam and a rip-off. You will most likely be better off selling your older phone privately.
0 Likes
PitbullDaddy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I returned S24 ultra. Debating changing carriers now..
0 Likes
Legobanker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately, FedEx uses 3rd party contractors for delivery/pickup of items. Next time you see a FedEx truck, look at the name on the driver/passenger door. These folks should be bonded and insured. If they knew what was it the package, then it could have been prone to theft. You would have to see where the weight went down, as the hub scan should have showed "x" weight and the arrival weight would have been different. You could use that in your case that the phone, in fact was stolen. Hope this helps.
S24 Ultra / 512 Titanium Gray
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I just got an email from FedEx that "after exhausting all search options they have been unable to locate (my trade-in) shipment."  Samsung notified me that they received my trade-in and I have been credited for the full amount.  No idea how FedEx packages can be delivered without being scanned.  FedEx is a mess these days.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Is this problem rampant with other 3rd party processors besides the Hylamobile facility in Texas?

I too sent my trade-in and it took nearly 2-weeks to appear as received according to Samsung. I sent it in a nondescript box in hopes of it attracting less attention.

Sure hope that it results in receiving full trade-in credit and if not, I have plenty of photos to prove it.

0 Likes
Wrongplainwrong
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I did the same thing I traded in an Apple 13Plus and they are saying it wasn't in the box.

0 Likes
userA2lO8OqGBX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
For everyone suffering from the "empty box' scam please continue to keep your eye on this board.

Samsung is trying to bury the issue by combining it with pre-order and promotion posts.

I am in discussions now with a class action attorney who is digging into the issue but clearly believes there is meat here.

So far, Samsung has ignored and not even responded to the issue directly. But be patient. We will hold them accountable.
0 Likes
Members_jFaPCyY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having the same issue. I ordered an S24 Ultra. It went through. Then after a while I noticed it was cancelled. I tried several more times. It went through, then was cancelled. I chatted with support. They sent me a link. It would not go through at all. There were constant issues. And support was undermining me. I'd notice for instance they'd spell my name wrong, or alter my address. Long story short. I spent like 5 hours on chat with this creep. Who eventually told me he wanted remote access to my device. And that I needed to turn off my VPN and antivirus. **bleep**? 

What a frustrating mess that underscores Samsung is systemically incompetent. How do they make any money? 

During all this I verified that my address on all respective accounts was correct. I checked with my credit provider. My account was good and there was no reason the payment should not go through. Eventually the support agent demanded I try another payment method. I tried. It would also not go through. At which point the support agent wanted me to try a family member's card. Which made me feel incredibly uncomfortable and worried as to the support agent's motives/legitimacy. 

This undermined my health. My time. And my general wellbeing. And I was gaslighted by a scammy support agent who tortured me for hours. All for naught.

Samsung is HORRIBLE.

I got my phone from Amazon. They accept my well established and EXCELLENT credit. It was a bit disappointing as it turned out Samsung has yet to fix DeX's mouse issues. **bleep**? 2024!

I also tried to get a watch and some earbuds. I made something on the order of 17 transactions. That went through and were cancelled by Samsung FOR NO VALID REASON. I imagine under the color of STOLEN **bleep** SECURITY THEATER.

How dare I be offended, right?

0 Likes
2poco
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I would. My insurance on my S10 told me to take the phone to U BREAKIT IFIXIT stores in Cockeysville, Md. That was a big joke it took me over 10 months for them to refund the value of my original phone which I had a 3yr warranty on. Don't buy warranties from Amazon. All-State protection plans are better. Never again
0 Likes
Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
This is a customer forum and not Samsung customer service. Try calling or chat on Samsung.com