JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pre-order, Trade-in, promotions, discounts - Need help!

(Topic created: 01-18-2024 01:00 AM)
TalhaAyaz1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi. I ordered through Samsung shop app - Samsung s24 ultra 1TB, payment got deducted and order went through,

After an hour, got an email that order got cancelled for some reason and now I cant use my vouchers. 

No specific reasons mentioned. 

Did anyone find a fix?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
555 Replies
PitbullDaddy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Preordered S24Ultra through Samsung pre release for my carrier Verizon. Coming from an S22 ultra. Happened to find an S4 in my drawer. Trade in offer was available for $1000. Now another Samsung or Verizon will honor it .,.. sending back new phone and I'll go to T-Mobile or ATT and get a Pixel done with this ripoff.

All they want to domit sell phones and take our money. 
Try calling Samsung customer service. If I need to talk to supervisor soni don't have to take my frustration out on someone who has no idea what I'm talking about. I have to call back maybe tomorrow and if the supervisor isn't too busy maybe they can talk to me then.... 
Msqwalker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Verizon was a rip off for me over 12 years ago I've been with T-Mobile and I am so pleased
Ric221
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
I never saw the value of a S4 as 1000. At best a S7 was less than 200 on Samsung's site when I ordered mine.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

It was probably a carrier trade-in value.  AT&T was offering $1000 on a Pixel 7 Pro, when Samsung offered $450.  Of course the carrier deal is 3 years of monthly bill credits on a locked phone.

Konrad999
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm sorry but I don't understand what the OP is talking about.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

He pre-ordered a device through his carrier.  Carrier supposedly offered $1000 trade-in value for his S4.  Now carrier won't honor it - don't know how Samsung is at fault here.  Some carriers are notorious for offering high trade-in values then lowering the value once the device is "inspected".  

PitbullDaddy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Ordered it through Samsung ... They had the best pre sale promos. Now Samsung says it Verizon issue to honor trade value ...
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

You ordered a Verizon carrier-locked phone through Samsung.  The carriers were the ones offering $1000 for old phones, not Samsung.  It is on Verizon to honor the trade values.  What did VZW ultimately say your trade was worth?

PitbullDaddy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
When I start the process to trade in it says not eligible for trade in $0. Bring to store to to recycle Select another phone for eligible trade in.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Your story makes no sense.  Was your trade-in offer $1000 or $0? 

The highest trade-in offers from Samsung were for phones like the S23 Ultra or the top-level iPhones, and those weren't $1000.   Carriers were offering more, but for monthly bill credits spread out over three years.  AT&T offered $1000 for a Pixel 7 Pro, but I didn't trust that they would honor the trade-in value and I didn't want to be locked in to a three year contract. 

You should go to T-Mobile.  You wouldn't be happy with AT&T either.