JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RCS for samsung messages

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:23 PM)
MasterD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a way to get RCS for samsung messages so I don't have to use Google messages. I love all the features of samsung messages but would love if it had RCS. Or it would be great if samsung and Google combined all there messages features together then that would be great too.
101 Replies
Harpbri
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I quit using Samsung messages on my S22 ultra, so I really wouldn't know. That's around the time they talked about switching to Google messages though.
0 Likes
chanceuxmoi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I know it's silly - I love everything about google messages... except it's ugly, and my themes don't apply to Google messages. It can't be that hard to make that happen if they want to do away with samsung messaging.
Harpbri
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't disagree with any of that. I only switch to Google messages when Samsung said they were going to do away with Samsung messages.
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I had this issue with my S22 Ultra. My carrier informed me that RCS is carrier-dependent, not device-dependent. They told me that since my phone was unlocked, it would not respond to having RCS option because as a device it wasn't tied to an RCS-enabled carrier.
chanceuxmoi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I thought it may be something like that. Then I thought that might be dumb because Sim card blah blah. Dang. Good bye read receipts until google messages is either my only choice or prettier and better integrated.
Harpbri
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm using an unlocked S24 Ultra on T-Mobile and RCS works fine. It just won't work with Samsung messages on my phone any longer. I tried it last night.
0 Likes
Jokerloz
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a way to re-enable the rcs for the Samsung messengs. I really don't like the fact the Google has the option to read everything and store what you sent to people. 
jonnybgood
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't understand any of this
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Please do not post your email on a public forum. You don't know who might see it. You need to edit or delete your message.
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hope you know that is still the same servers .. unless youre in crappy ATT... but if you must 😄 do this first...then enable RCS on Samsung messages.
https://messages.google.com/disable-chat
0 Likes