JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RCS for samsung messages

(Topic created: 02-16-2024 01:36 PM)
MasterD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a way to get RCS for samsung messages so I don't have to use Google messages. I love all the features of samsung messages but would love if it had RCS. Or it would be great if samsung and Google combined all there messages features together then that would be great too.
101 Replies
Lauuuryynn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
yea for sure
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
It's been known for years Samsung is phasing out their messaging app. It's one of the reasons Google Messages is the default on Samsung devices. Samsung has their app on bug fix status and not developing the app. At Some point Samsung will no longer install the app, and remove the app on older devices(once user uninstall the app they can't reinstall the app).
Ashuro
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah Samsung are lazy ahh people ong
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
More like it's redundant and one of the requirements going forward with Android Messages has to be installed if they want the play store. Google is doing this for uniformity across all Android devices.
Ashuro
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah like how the Galaxy active 2 watch just gets security updates and just recently we got 2 new watch faces its such BS that they gave the Galaxy active 2 watch just 2 "new" watch faces from Galaxy watch 4 and 5. They could at least update the Galaxy active 2 and Galxay watch 3 to One UI 5.0/5.1 Galaxy watch 4 and 5 and 6 have so why not on Galaxy active 2 and Galaxy watch 3?
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Because they already stated what the support wi be when sold. They're sunsetting Tizen which those watches are based on. It'll require new code and a whole redesign and coded for Tizen. Let's they they'll update Tizen to WearOS but they'll have to recoup the cost and charge $100 per upgrade are you willing to pay that? If you say you already did... You didn't. You paid for Tizen support not WearOS.
Ashuro
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I didn't say wear os I said one ui
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
That would require a whole design just for Tizen as it was written for wearOS. It would be easier to write WearOS with OneUI than to rewrite OneUI for Tizen as most of the code is already done.
Ashuro
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Can they give people the source code of active 2 and Galaxy watch 3 and Galaxy watch 1?
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
The source Tizen is out there already. OneUi however is another story. Much like Google AOSP is different than what's on the Pixel devices. Some stuff is proprietary.