JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RCS for samsung messages

(Topic created: 02-16-2024 03:46 PM)
MasterD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a way to get RCS for samsung messages so I don't have to use Google messages. I love all the features of samsung messages but would love if it had RCS. Or it would be great if samsung and Google combined all there messages features together then that would be great too.
101 Replies
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Everything changes as technology changes. It makes more sense to have a universal message app to ensure compatible messaging across platforms. Move on don't live in the past.
Lauuuryynn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
You are absoulutely correct and thats why samsung should work on updating there messenger app. as well as iphone so we can just all use encrypted messaging and functions like replying to specific texts and commenting w/emojis
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
All android phones would be able to use Google as most would not have access to samsung. That is why Google makes better sense. You already use their operating system.
Lauuuryynn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The original SMS messenger that comes with the phone could use updating. All other Messaging. apps have those qualities. Not everyone wants to use another app and google messenger does not transfer old messages from regular SMS onto the app. If you could sync your old SMS thats not from google then thats a different story
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
If you WANT THOSE FEATURES, you have to use GOOGLE MESSAGES.

END OF STORY!

Google owns ANDROID, it is ultimately up to them what is allowed on their platform. They are letting Samsung slowly phase out their messaging app for those to stubborn to except it's fate.

PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
They have already moved to Google messages and will soon turn samsung messages off. I would suggest you embrace their decisions as they are already made.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
The people who refuse to accept the fact that Google is the ultimate arbiter of what is allowed on THEIR PLATFORM is mind-boggling.
Google is just trying for uniformity around the GLOBE.
0 Likes
chanceuxmoi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
RCS chat options gone on Samsung Messages (tmobile network, unlocked phone)
Anyone else experiencing this?
Was working fine on my S23U but got my S24U the day before yesterday and the chat option isn't even there for me; meaning I cannot just go turn it on. 

I prefer to use Samsung messages because google messages is ugly. 😅
Harpbri
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It apparently might not be an option according to a Google search. They were phasing out Samsung messages for Google messages when Samsung and Google got closer a few years ago.1706480360666.jpg
chanceuxmoi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I found those sorts of answers too, but most of them were old, and making it sound as though I then shouldn't have been able to have them on the s23 ultra either. I kept my phone up to date etc, so if that were true I shouldn't have had it three days ago? It's confusing for sure.