JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RCS for samsung messages

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 05:33 AM)
MasterD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a way to get RCS for samsung messages so I don't have to use Google messages. I love all the features of samsung messages but would love if it had RCS. Or it would be great if samsung and Google combined all there messages features together then that would be great too.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
101 Replies
DeeMGee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The AI features are tightly connected to Google services.

It's possible they want you using Google messages to take fu advantage of the AI.
0 Likes
userc1B9v5RF44
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Got it
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Where did you get your phone?

Carriers want you to use Google Messages.

If you can't find it because a carrier has hidden it.

Go to settings, apps, type in the search box, top right corner, type in mess, both message apps will pop up, tap on the one with the 3 lines, tap on open, set as default!1708278148383.jpg1708278148404.jpg
0 Likes
userc1B9v5RF44
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Tmoble
0 Likes
Bruzeta
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
i made the Samsung Messenger my default and disabled the other messenger in apps.
0 Likes
deal1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I use Google messenger and I can't figure out how to change the sound when a txt comes thru,,,
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
In the Google Messenger app, open the screen listing the messages for the person you want to set up with a unique notification sound. Tap the three dots on the upper right and select details, then select notifications. About halfway down the resulting screen is sound, tap there, and you will be able to select from the list of available sounds.
0 Likes
samno
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
on the S22 One UI 6.0, I was able to send text and pictures as "Chat" in Samsung Messages

Now on S24, One UI 6.1 every gif or picture attachment says "Converting to multimedia message"

Does anyone else have the same issue in Samsung Messages?

0 Likes
Brittany15xz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm thinking your chat settings isn't enabled? I've read it's a common issue when you switch to new phones.
0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
In Samsung messages? Hmmm interesting it's been like that for a while for me. As Samsung messages is not the default messaging app any longer and they disabled the RCS on it.
0 Likes