JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RCS for samsung messages

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 05:33 AM)
MasterD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a way to get RCS for samsung messages so I don't have to use Google messages. I love all the features of samsung messages but would love if it had RCS. Or it would be great if samsung and Google combined all there messages features together then that would be great too.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
101 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Then why did no one say that as an answer? They were just saying they used something else. That's not an answer as they aren't putting why they used something else. So my statement still stands
0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Above I did state that as an answer. And the explanations on why they use something else is because Samsung is discontinuing their messaging app as carriers aren't allowing rcs on any messaging application (default ones) that is not Google messages. Same as iPhone users only get rcs on imessages
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes you did but my post was long before you posted a response. When I posted there was like only 8 replies.
0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I understand. Was just answering why they were saying that and that is why
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung makes Google Messenger the default messaging app on their phones for a reason. They are planning to phase out Samsung Messenger, so it's never going to support RCS.
0 Likes
Griffo3000
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
0 Likes
userc1B9v5RF44
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the S24 ultra and I'm not able to use the ssamsung messager. I can only get the google. I don't like the RCS
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
To find the app, swipe up from your home screen, and type the word "messages" into the bar at the top of the screen. Then select the Samsung messages app, and it will ask you to make it the default messaging app.
Make sure you turn on the RCS feature, though, when you make it your default messaging app by tapping the three vertical dots at the middle right corner of the screen and selecting "Advanced Messaging," and then toggling on "Advanced Messaging" so long as there is any type of active SIM in the phone (either a physical one or eSIM) and your carrier supports RCS.
userc1B9v5RF44
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I did that yesterday and took it back to the store, and they are saying it is being discontinued, and I see that people are using samsung messages. I'm going to try it again.
0 Likes
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
If you still can't find it, then yes, it might be that it isn't preloaded on your phone. But do let us know what happens when you try again.
0 Likes