JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RCS for samsung messages

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 05:33 AM)
MasterD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a way to get RCS for samsung messages so I don't have to use Google messages. I love all the features of samsung messages but would love if it had RCS. Or it would be great if samsung and Google combined all there messages features together then that would be great too.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
101 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Strange,
Try doing a wipe cache partition
Turn off your device, press volume up and power button simultaneously, when you feel the phone vibrate, let go of both buttons, you will now be in the bootloader.
Using the volume down button, scroll to wipe cache partition, press power for ok, s roll to yes, power for ok, then reboot, ok.

If that doesn't, I am out of odeas!!
ejmcnair
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here! My wife's phone is having the same issue and we've done everything from the Google messages support page, uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure carrier services in the operating system are fully patched enough to date. RCS still does not work and gets stuck in a loop with verifying the number

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I forgot to ask, we are talking about Google messages?
Rutbabii
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes Google messages. My RCS chats
Rutbabii
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I even changed my number, and it didn't work.
Solution
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Take your phone to your carrier. They are responsible for your messaging working properly.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
S24 series uses Jibe servers and not the carrier servers. Carriers are moving away from their own.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung Messages does have RCS although it doesn't have all the features like Google Messages (react) I use Samsung Messages and have RCS it depends on your Carrier for instance AT&T and TMobile only allow RCS via Google Messages and not Samsung Messages
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Ooooh, that's why I have to use Google messaging 😖. I have T-Sprint and the tech support and I were confused why I couldn't use Samsung messaging for my chats. So far I like Google messaging, for the most part.
MasterD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
See this was the answer I was looking for
0 Likes