Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
692 Replies
Ramin110
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey, listen up. I've been having some serious issues with my new S24 Ultra camera, and I'm not happy about it. It's way worse than my old S22 Ultra, especially in low light. The colors are all off and lifeless, and it's like I'm taking pictures with a cheap phone. Samsung spent a whole year working on this flagship phone, and they wanted to compete with the iPhone 15, but now it's rated lower than even the iPhone 13. Just check the DxOMark stats. The camera is just not up to par, and it's really disappointing. I've compared it to the iPhone 13 and 15, and it doesn't even come close. I've even emailed Samsung Iran to tell them how unhappy I am, but they keep saying it'll be fixed in the next updates. Well, guess what? Two updates have come, and nothing's changed. It's like you didn't even bother to check the camera before releasing the phone. Did you just want the screen to become flat ? Did you fix the camera problem before unpacking? Did you change the lens aperture to make it better? It's like you took two steps back instead of moving forward. I've tried everything suggested, but nothing makes a difference. If you think the camera is so great, you should compare it to the iPhone series or the Xiaomi 14 Ultra. I'm saying this as someone who was one of the first buyers and has always been a fan of Samsung, but I'm really regretting my decision now.

Ric221
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Regrets like these are easy things to resolve. Get one of the other phones you listed and issue resolved. I J S
Ramin110
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Oh my gosh! Your advice was amazing. I never thought it was possible.

0 Likes
ChickenNutBread
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24 Ultra is up to date, but the camera seems inconsistent in all of the modes. Most of the time, the photos are soft, especially in low light (even indoors with a decent amount of light, and this is during the daytime). Even with night mode on, the photos are still soft. Can be out of focus at times too. Coming from an S21 Ultra phone, this S24 Ultra camera doesn't seem to be much of an improvement. The camera needs to be optimized.
Tofu147
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
When the pine branches are photographed with 30x zoom alone, the image quality is very poor. But when using a text while photographing the same branches, the quality and colors are much better.

The algorithms that you use are outdated and need to be updated and improved. The sensor is more than capable of doing so.
Credit to "ICE UNIVERSE" on X

for finding this huge bug.
Fix this Samsung!! 
HurricaneOleg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

What is the problem with either of the cameras on the S24 Ultra? I'm Samsung's biggest critic but the cameras are fine! The photos looked good before the update and now, after the improvement, they look even better! The post-processing has been limited to a minimum, the Super-zoom works, videos look good... Go to settings and turn down the optimization to "minimum", i found it makes for much, MUCH - more natural - looking photos. That's it! 

I really don't like what Samsung had been doing lately, with recycling old components, removing things out of the box, etc. However, credit where it's due: This camera, especially in low light, it's simply glorious! I've never taken pictures this good with even an aps-c, let alone a phone.

I really don't understand why everyone is saying that the cameras are terrible, in all caps. Why are we all turning into Karens? Can't we just be happy about something for a day? And the posts tagged with "my s21/22 BLOWS THE S24 ULTRA OUT OF THE WATER!!!" with eleventeen exclamation points... Blows it out of water how? In what area? Low-light performance? Care to show the side-by-side comparison? Because, as I recall, the s21/22 were indeed very good but not nearly as good as the s23, definitely came up short when it comes to raw computational power of the s24, something which is directly related to the quality of photos nowadays, thanks to the sophisticated, proprietary algorithms written by Qualcomm and Samsung, something to which we now refer to as "AI" for some reason.

Stop complaining!!! 

Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Amen!
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My phone still over processes the photos even when set on minimum. There was no change there for me. It will also take less than 50 mp sometimes when using the 200mp camera. In Pro mode, it is not possible to quickly take a photo one after the other. It forces me to wait sometimes like 8 seconds. Low light can still struggle on my phone. If I take a photo, and I have high resolution set, am not far with good lighting, it sometimes is still a little blurred. Even the slightest movement can throw the whole thing off. It's like everything needs to be perfectly still.

I wish I had the experience you do where everything is working out perfectly, but unfortunately, that is not my experience with this phone or the update. Maybe there's a bad batch.
Ineptxpython
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Go into the gallery app and turn off super hdr in settings, it destroys my photos 

0 Likes
user1tUX5ORF8u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I agree. The video is blowing my mind. And Im getting beautiful shots that look as good as my SONY a6300 (minus the joy of lenses of course), but Im even getting really nice shallow focus etc.

Love the phone and love the camera.