Original topic:

S24 Ultra Charging Issues

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 12:37 PM)
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone else have issues with charging with the S24 Ultra. It starts a couple of weeks ago with a charger (Ssung 25w) plugged in, it doesn't register that it's charging. If I power the phone off and back on it charges fine. 

Today I started getting a notice that my device is charging while I'm holding it in in my hands with no charger connected. It will show charging for 10 or 25 seconds and then stop. Very strange is my body giving off a charge? šŸ˜šŸ˜‚ 

21 Replies
BeemoSB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yesss I've been having the same issue but now that the new update has come out I don't know If that has been fixed or not. So far it's charging like normal
totogreggy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I use a fast charger n it works fine
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Please don't get hung up on the charger. I was merely showing it was a Samsung charger. It happens whether it is a fast charger or not. And the charger wouldn't have any cause for the phone showing it is charger when not even plugged in.
oregonman82
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

My s24 ultra is having trouble charging too.  This morning, when I plugged in the charging cable, it wouldn't charge.  Once I restarted the device, it started charging just fine. 

Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Sounds similar to mine. I havent experienced it since the last update. Hopefully it was software related and resolved now.
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
so i have tried it all on.my s23 ultra, before the last update, i had super fast charging 2.0 now i plug in.and after a few seconds it changes to just fast charging, i noticed it takes alot longer now, super fast 2.0 disappears, its not the **bleep** cables or charger , i see it all over the internet and forums , this last update **bleep** up charging on alot of phones. samsung wake up, lets get it fixed !!!
roku6288
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
The S24 Ultra charging has been a disaster for me since before the update.

I got a pre-order phone and later exchanged it for a replacement.

I've tried four chargers: Samsung 45 watt (EP-T4510), Anker 313 Ace (A2677), Ugreen Nexode (CD294), and Spigen GaN 651 65 watt (PE2201UJ).

I've also tried several different 5A cables with e-marker chips rated over 45 watts: Samsung, Anker, Spigen, and Baseus.

I've tried turning fast charging off and back on, resetting mobile network settings, clearing the partition cache, restarting my phones, factory resetting my phones.

Nothing works.

Other than very brief charging at higher speeds, almost all charging is at 15 watts, as shown on the Baseus cable's display and as confirmed in the Ampere app (after doing the math that relates volts and amps).

Samsung messed this up but won't admit it.
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
i agree with you 100%..... this is f ridiculous....its all software related, nothing to do with phone or chargers or **bleep** cables...
0 Likes
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
i want you to try something go to the dialer type in +#900# a menu comes up . scroll down to batteryrestats.. click on it.. go up to batterydump i believe it says... turn it on..... get out of menu.and reboot phone... let me know if it helps a little
0 Likes