JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Not Charging

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 06:32 AM)
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Just got my device yesterday. While transferring data from my S23 Ultrai via cable I was trying to charge the S24 wirelessly and it would not charge. 

I made sure all charging settings were on and I tried multiple other devices which would charge properly. I also changed the cable and got the same result. Not till the phone ran out of battery during the transfer and restarted did the wireless charging work. 

Day 2 and having a similar problem but charging via cable. Only upon restarting again did the device start charging. 

I expect a LOT more when I spend $1500 on a device. 
67 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@RoryBreaker Every once in a while a defective device does happen. Since you just received it, I would suggest that you return the device and get a replacement. 

0 Likes
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue
emma14
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My boyfriend just got his a couple days ago and same thing. He bought a new Samsung cube and tried the new cord he got with the phone, nothing. If he uses a normal USB port to type C, it charges.
communityuser4r0eidm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I know how to fix it just restart your phone and it will work it happened to me I just restarted the s24 ultra and I plugged it in and it started charging
cellieham
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue. They suggested I return and re order the phone
0 Likes
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
With so many people having this problem, that's unacceptable
cellieham
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Agree, I wish they would acknowledge it as a known issue. I need to return my s24 by the 11th and replacement isn't going to arrive till 23rd
0 Likes
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Before getting ready to return, I will try power cycling a few times and see if that may help the situation
0 Likes
AlDolan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm getting ready to travel and I really wanted this for pictures. This sucks
0 Likes