JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Slow charging

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 03:27 PM)
seti007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

So I got my S24 ultra in the mail today. Finished transferring All my files from the S23 ultra to the new phone. Everything went well however, I'm having difficulty fast charging. I use the same charger and same cable on my S23 ultra and t It displays the charging superfast On the screen and usually charges Quickly. S24 Ultra connected to the same cable and charger also displays the superfast charging but is around five times slower than the S23 ultra. Is super fast charging broken on these phones? If so it's pretty unacceptable. Anyone else having issues? I'm reading similar issues from a lot of people on Reddit. Hoping that there is a fix.

Samsung_PKydQyz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Charging my s24u has been a lot slower than my previous s22u. I'm using the official 45w charger that I got with the phone that came with the right cable, but it is very slow. It says Super Fast Charger 2.0 when connected, but the estimated time until full is at least double the amount of my previous phone that I used a worse charger with. Maybe there is a bug with Super Fast Charging being properly activated? 

Caligirll12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here. Opened the phone and started transfers. It finally got down to 20%, so I plugged it in. Over an hour and 25 min, and it only got to 53%. Shortly after I plugged in my S23U in the same outlet and with the same cord and it went from 3% to 54% in less than 20 min. The next morning I played music while I got ready, didn't play on it or even wake the screen and it dropped to 48% after 2 hours. I've had almost every galaxy and have had the world's best batteries, but this one it horrendous. Dies so fast, with no effort and takes forever to charge....never thought I'd see the day where I had a negative experience with Samsung, but I'm super disappointed.

Jsphonerant
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue! There has to be a bug. S22 ultra charged 2x as fast. Samsung, please provide an update ASAP or the phone is going back!!! 

GrimShaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same exact thing here
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
hello all .. i have a ultra 23 and have had amazing super fast charge 2.0 since i got it january of 2023. then this latest update changed all that, now it says fast charging, but no longer super fast 2.0 not sure what the **bleep** samsung did but i see the problem all over the internet
Samtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Certainly! Here are some quick steps to address the slow charging issue on your S24 Ultra:

1. Restart Your Phone: Try restarting your phone to see if it improves charging speed.
  2. Check Charging Settings: Ensure Fast Charging is enabled in settings.
  3. Use a Different Charger: Make sure you’re using a compatible charger.
  4. Known Issue: Samsung is working on a fix, but in the meantime, consider using regular fast charging.

Hope this helps! ... Already working fine for me.

Solution
Samtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Some Tips Below.

1. Clean the charging port: Dust might be blocking the connection.
  2. Use Safe Mode: This can check if an app is causing the slow charging.
  3. Update your phone: A new update might fix the issue.
  4. Contact Samsung: If it’s still slow, ask Samsung for help.

Always use the charger that came with your phone or a compatible one. Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more help.

0 Likes
Phills
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Sometimes phone says fast charging when not plugged in and when plugged to super fast charging 2.0 takes a long time to charge
jfleischhacker
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just made the switch from apple two days ago and got the s24 ultra. I'm using the apple fast charger cube and the Samsung cable that came with the phone and I'm at 31% battery plugged in and it's saying 4 hrs and 46 min till full... **bleep** is that
0 Likes
user3BdqmPoQa0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue None of my super fast chargers charge fast. I also used my ecoflow solar generators to see what the max charging speed it charges using a super fast charger and it's 7 watts max. Now when the phone is completey off it charges at 27 watts max . Its definitely a software bug . This means the fast charging toggle is broken . hopefully it's fixed with the new fw update.
0 Likes