JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 ultra heating and battery draining fast even on light usage

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 08:50 PM)
AP900
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S24
I got s24 ultra recently and phone is heating up and battery draining faster than expected. Please provide fix for it..
119 Replies
Samsbum
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Sure bud, whatever you say
EPICJones
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yo, listen up! I got this phone on January 26th, and it's been nothing but smooth sailing ever since. Honestly, it's even better than that fancy S23 Ultra I traded it for. Especially that fingerprint sensor, it's on point!
0 Likes
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

The Corning Gorilla Armor Anti-Reflecting Glass makes the screen look a bit dimmer.

To compensate, I turn Extra Brightness on.

The Vivid mode isn't strong as older Galaxy phones. Main reason for the "wash out" colors. Samsung "might" fix it with a firmware. 

A bunch of people are having issues with the speakers. Probably a bad batch as my S23U & S24U sound exactly the same with any source. 

Jkelley714
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
This is wrong. There's a youtuber who did a deep in depth break down of the color spectrum of the display, and the software is poorly optimized. To back this up, the s24 base-model has no reflective display, but the same washed out colors samsung better fix this before return windows come close or they're just going to lose a lot of customers.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
No speaker issues on mine

No cartoonish Vivid Mode, there will be a fix.
0 Likes
OMGaNINJA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Is anyone having charging issues? I plug S24 Ultra in to charge and after about 2% it disconnects and refuses to recognize that its plugged in. I've read some of the other posts and tried the restart "fix", but that does nothing. Only when i plug it into some old non Samsung charger, does it start charging again but says 2.5+hrs to full. 

This is kind of frustrating when you buy a new phone, especially when its supposed to be a flagship device. 

Any actual solutions are much appreciated. 

0 Likes
andrelesouza
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I returned mine. I was having too many issues with it, from overheating, battery draining fast and the dull display. I'm back on my S23U and will revisit the idea of getting the S24U again in the future, after (and if) Samsung fixes those small issues!
0 Likes
spcsc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Weird, arleast compared to my S22, my battery lasts a long time, (that's with adaptive at QHD resolution. Lots of screen on use) and my display isn't really all that dull, atleast imo
0 Likes
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, yesterday I encountered a problem with the speaker.. When I picked up my phone to turn off the alarm, it made a vibrating sound.. Never heard that before in a phone.. So now to add on to the screen problems, we have speakers issues.. And then omw to work.. Android auto, the sound kept cutting out, and then I realized is that it was also creating a delay. In my 15 mins drive to work, my phone ended up having a 7 second audio delay.. What is wrong with Samsung quality control?!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Under Settings > Advanced features > Motions and Gestures, there is an option to have the phone vibrate when you pick it up if there's a new message or a missed call. Is it possible that you have this feature turned on without knowing it?1706788098136.jpg
0 Likes