Original topic:

Samsung gallery app crashing

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
ssimon127
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung gallery app won't open and keeps crashing. I have cleared cache and data. It did nothing. Just started. 
100 Replies
melissa1996
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My gallery that comes with the phone will not open. All my photos are into the app. I've tried everything I could think of to get it to work again.

BeneficialSwimmer
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Clear cache, try restarting, force stop the app, if no avail plug your phone into a pc and extract photos
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
If you can't get it to work, use Google Photos. As suggested, plug the phone into a PC or a flash drive and move or copy your photos off your phone to preserve them. If none of the suggestions from @BenegicialSwimmer work, try restoring your backup. Copying them to an external device will make sure that you will still have them if something goes wrong.
0 Likes
kayla614
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine is doing the same thing and my phone isn't even old! It's super irritating as this gallery CAME WITH THE PHONE!
0 Likes
Ricccco1227
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My ultra 24 is doing this after saving a picture from a message kicks me out of the gallery app
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Submit feedback
0 Likes
JenNyRockZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone figure out a solution?
0 Likes
lalalaaaa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a Samsung S24 Ultra. It's literally not even a month old. I have plenty of memory. Lately, I'm trying to take a screenshot and then go into my pictures to view my screenshot and the app crashes and abruptly closes. Every. Single. Time. 

Then, I tried to access my photos here to change my profile Pic and it pulls up my pictures for a split second and then it closes again.

What do I do? I've reset my camera app settings, restarted the phone.... nothing is working. 
0 Likes
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Is the Camera app crashing or Gallery? You mentioned screenshots so sounds like the latter. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes
yousoyroy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
General management
Reset
Reset all settings 😊
0 Likes