Original topic:

Samsung needs it's own OS for its devices. It's time

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
driek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung has been in the phone industry and have been giants in it to long to be dependent on Google. It's time for their own OS for all phones. Google is taking too much control in my opinion. How do yall feel?
16 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@driek It takes too much money and too much time. It just doesn't pop into existence. Not only do you have to create the OS (not iOS), but you have to create the developer tools, the developer support base, and get a large number of 3rd party apps developed to be successful.

Nokia tried with the Symbian OS. Where are they now?

BlackBerry tried, where are they now? 

driek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't think money or man power is the issue. They have a big enough hold on the industry to pull it off.
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
It is a money and manpower issue designing an OS from scratch takes years that's why iOS has always been this way they develop their own ecosystem before they made the first OS for their iPhone Google over time made their OS it doesn't matter how big an industry is it takes time money skilled programmers and engineers for it to happen
0 Likes
JUNYSWAY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been with Samsung from the beginning. And I'm considering switching to Apple. Now Google has its updates first than Samsung. No like. So that ONE UI exists
0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Android happens to be made by Google, so of course Google Pixel phones get updates first.
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
It's called ui that Samsung has
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
They're talking something very similar to iOS or stock Android not having Android with a skin on it like when UI
0 Likes
WhiteShack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Google is taking too much control? Google owns android, and has since 2005, so yea. They own the control LOL

Also, u mean OS. iOS is Apple.
0 Likes
driek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the correction. But control in terms of what is used on certain devices. Ex. Samsung Messages being obsoletel because of the Google messages. I could understand if that it was the pixel series because it's their product but to pretty much make Google messages primary for all devices that have android is wild
0 Likes