Original topic:

Secure folder

(Topic created: a week ago)
userdaddydoesit
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I forgot my password to my secure folder and it doesn't give me an option to reset it. How do i fix this
8 Replies
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you actually try putting in a password and it said incorrect? I know entering it a few times for me it will prompt me to a password reset.
0 Likes
theinvestigator
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not sure but there's a bunch of people on my phone trying to change settings.
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh great lol hang in there.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I thought it prompts you to reset or uninstall option.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
That option has to be turned on in order to have the reset option
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
It won't let me reset it unless I try to input an incorrect password.
0 Likes
Witt1995
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
So what is the answer samsung
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

How do you forget the password to a resource you chose to use?  In any case, I'd do as @userra suggests, and try entering the incorrect password multiple times to see if it prompts you to reset your password (although, I don't think it should be that easy -- or anyone could co-opt your folder). @ChaosSaber says the option has to be turned on and may be correct as well (combination of the two solutions), but I don't know if can be selected after the folder has been set up without having access to the password.  I don't use secure folder, so I don't know - I'm just spit balling suggestions. The aforementioned solutions are new to me, as I always heard that if you forgot your secure folder password, you are SOL.  The only thing I know for sure, is that Samsung cannot reset it for you.

Advice for the future is don't set passwords you cannot remember.  At the very least, write it in Samsung notes, or on paper, or add it manually to Samsung Pass.

0 Likes