Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 02-12-2024 06:03 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm trying to find someone who knows how to get into these settings 1707789625029.jpg
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you been in contact with the provider? It sounds like a provider issue rather than a Samsung one. I get the same 5G and the same number of bars with the S24, as I did with previous models.

However, I assume that you have looked at Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks and made sure "Allow 5G Service" is turned on. You could try toggling it off and on if it is already on.

You might also try "Reset Mobile Network Settings" to see if that helps
0 Likes
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
That option isn't available on this phone. At least I can't seem to find it
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Which option? "Allow 5G service?" On my S24U it Is under Settings-->Connections-->Mobile Networks. There I have toggles for ...

Data Roaming
Allow 5G Service
Allow 2G Service

Then Access Point Names and Network Operators

I wonder if it makes a difference that mine is unlocked?
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a US Cellular phone and don't see the options you're showing, so it may be difference between locked and unlocked.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
You may be correct on that
0 Likes
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine is the unlocked version and it's not available to me. I think Samsung made a lemon this go and I'm very likely to return it.
0 Likes
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine is unlocked and doesn't have those options.
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Maybe it's carrier specific? I am not sure. Mines unlocked on T-Mobile using e-Sim.1707842085987_1707842085977_0.jpg
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

It is.  Certain carriers (AT&T for one) block the network band toggles even for unlocked phones.