Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:52 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
It maybe have been a bad unit though I have seen a bunch of issues with ultras so seems like they had some bad qa issues
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm sorry to hear all that, really am. I've had only a couple of issues with mine, but it's still an amazing experience :sparkles:ļø my 5g signal has been a little shotty, but it's not bugging me too much (5g is overrated). Other than that, it's been a monster. The battery life alone makes my s23 ultra and s22 ultra seem Meer mortal haha
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
The funny thing is I never noticed much difference between 4G LTE and 5G, until recently I guess. It's almost as if they dialed back the speeds of 4G LTE in my area. A lot like what happened with the jump from 3G to 4G LTE. My phone just doesn't work for video or hotspot unless I'm on 5G. This S24 Ultra was just unusable without WiFi unless I was making a call
0 Likes
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Where i live ide rather use 4glte most the time vs 5g so it's all good on that part. I'm getting 5g, just not all the same places.
buxvg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thats why I never preoperative any new released phone because you never know.
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
You usually get some nice perks when you pre order, but I do see what you mean. Let others spend money and test them out and see what kind of reviews it's getting. Luckily they allow you to return without a restocking fee.
thingswedesire
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yours may be isolated. Have you tried contacting CS? My phone worked no problem when I got it unlocked. On other things to consider, are you using sim, or esim? If sim, can you place it back into your s22 and have 5g work as expected? If esim, might be worth a trip to your carrier storefront to try a sim instead.
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I already tested the theory of swapping sims. I switched my esim back to my S22 Ultra and immediately got 5G service. It's a non issue anymore. I'm just going to stick to my S22U and call this one a loss.
thingswedesire
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm glad to hear the spirit of troubleshooting. You enjoy the **bleep** out that s22u. I just switched, and I'm moderately satisfied but not so much to fit the bill lol.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Most android phones do not get 5g on bring your own device on cricket. It seems like cricket and Samsung would work on this. My s24 ultra doesnt get 5g just lte + it's a bring your own device while iphones get 5g. This should be fixed. Thanks.